Chapter 1

[Continuation of Vol 1]

'A/N: If you haven't read volume 1, please read it first since this is the continuation of volume 1'

• |  ~~~ | •

My name is Aria, After dying in a house fire I was reincarnated as the villainess Aderi Nova Callista. I've lived her life for years now after I was reincarnated as her 14-year-old self.

The villainess's death flag was due to her hiring a maid to assassinate the female lead, Ari Noelle Duncan. In this timeline, she is my friend after I befriended her, yet...it seems like the universe wants me to die.

The day I was gonna meet her, someone pushed her, and that person...vanished into thin air, I was there and I saw everything, but that person vanished into thin air so I was the main suspect.

The crown prince is now helping me to prove my innocence, this crown prince was the one who killed Aderi in the original novel...but, it is known he loves Aderi, I heard it from his mouth myself that he likes me.

Judgment day has come, and it is my trial for the "attempted" assassination of my dear friend Ari.

I, Aderi Nova Lacita Callista will win this trial!

----

°
°
°

I walked inside the courtroom, a lot of nobles came to watch my trial, after all...I'm the daughter of the late Duchess Veronica Lacita Callista and Duke Thomas Claude Callista. The most powerful family next to the royal family.

I can hear them whispering between themselves, their looks are judging me already, I was a criminal in their eyes. Lady Ari cannot be questioned since she is in a coma, and hasn't woken up yet.

I sat down on the chair waiting for the trial to commence.

"We are here today to witness the judgment of Lady Aderi Nova Callista..." The judge said opening the trial.

"Lady Callista...you are here because you are the prime suspect in the attempt assassination of Ari Noelle Duncan, correct?" The judge asked Aderi. She sat there confidently and answered calmly.

"Yes, Your Honor" Aderi responded in a calm tone.

"Do you deny the accusations?" The judge asked.

"Yes, Your Honor" Aderi responded in a calm tone again. After all, she has all the cards.

"I would like to call on the first witness who was present on the scene of the crime that day...please come forward," The judge said, someone in the audience sat up and went to the middle to give their testimony.

It was a man around his 30s, it was a commoner based on his clothes. Aderi thinks it's one of the vendors who were there at the scene of the crime that day.

"Witness...your name and occupation and give us your testimony" The judge ordered as he impatiently eyed the vendor.

"My name is Alex, I'm a vegetable vendor...That day I was merely selling vegetables like always, then I heard a loud yell and a thud, I rushed to check what it was, then at the bottom of the plaza stairs I saw the victim...and on top of the stairs was none other than Lady Callista" The vendor said giving his testimony as he looked down, he didn't want to meet Aderi's eyes, after all...he is testifying against Aderi.

"I see...so why did you suspect that Lady Callista pushed Miss Duncan?" The judge asked as he leaned back in his chair.

"As you are well aware right now, Your Honor...the candidate of who will be the crown princes is going around, it's a competition and people are turning their backs on their friends and family...these two are rumored to be the highest competitor between the ladies," The vendor said giving his statement as he took a glance at Aderi who was sitting calmly. He felt a chill, the way she was calmly sitting there like she isn't the suspect was chilling.