Chapter 8

*knock, knock, knock*

The sound of the knocking echoed in Oscar's office. His gaze went from the paperwork he was reading to the door.

"Come in" Oscar called out to whoever was at the door, the door opened revealing his butler.

"Your Highness, the messenger has arrived" The butler announced as he bowed. Oscar's heart jumped from excitement at the thought.

"Did she say anything? Was he able to deliver my letter?" Oscar asked, his heart pounding in anticipation.

a lot of possibilities ran through his mind.

"Yes, Your Highness...Lady Callista has received your letter and has sent a reply" The butler gestured for a maid to come in.

The maid had a tray and on that tray lies a single envelope, Aderi's response to his letter.

Oscar almost leaped up on his seat as the maid bowed handing him the letter.

Carefully, Oscar took the letter in the tray the maid was holding. The maid then walked back out, but the butler stayed inside, he stood near the door waiting for Oscar's next order.

Oscar sat back down as he carefully opened the letter, trying not to damage it.

=

'To, His Highness the Crown Prince, Oscar Victor Red.

Greetings, Your Highness, it has been a while. I have been well, and I hope you too are also well.

I accept your invitation for tea, I am honored for you to invite me to the palace, Your Highness, I'm looking forward to our meeting in 2 days.

Bisoplain is beautiful and I'm planning on exploring it soon, I'm sure whatever lies ahead is as beautiful as the lands I've seen so far.

Take care and rest well, Your Highness.

From, Aderi Nova Callista'

=

Oscar couldn't help but smile at the letter in his hand, he looked up at the butler.

"Tell the maids to prepare the garden for a tea party with the lady, prepare every dessert and different kinds of tea" Oscar ordered with a smile on his face.

"Oh, tell them as well to make sure everything is perfect in 2 days" Oscar followed up his order. The butler bowed.

"Right away, Your Highness" The butler responded as he walked out of the room.

"His Highness is truly looking forward to meeting the lady" The butler mumbled as he chuckled to himself, it was the first time he had seen the Crown Prince this excited about meeting a woman.

"What should I wear? Light colors? Dark colors? What does Lady Callista like? What gift should I prepare for her?" Oscar mumbled as he tried to calm down.

°
°

Aderi sneezed.

"M'lady, are you alright? is it too cold?" Lily asked concerned as she ran to the fireplace in Aderi's room, making the fire bigger.

"No, I'm alright Lily, but thank you" Aderi chuckled at the eagerness and determination of Lily.

She looked back down at the book she was reading.

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

Lily and Aderi looked at the door, who could be knocking on her door this late at night.

"I'll get it," Lily said as she ran to the door. Upon opening it, Aderi saw another servant at the door.

"I am here to deliver a letter to Lady Callista," The servant said, Lily looked at Aderi.

"I'm here," Aderi said as she stood up from her chair walking towards the door.

"Whose is it from?" Aderi asked the servant.

"Good evening m'lady, sorry to disturb your evening, but a letter from House Vasilio has sent you a letter" The servant bowed as she handed Aderi the envelope.

"I see...Thank you very much" Aderi smiled as she took the letter.

"Goodnight m'lady," The servant said as she walked away, Lily closed the door as soon as the servant left.

"House Vasilio?" Lily questioned as she followed Aderi back to her chair.

"Does it ring any bells?" Aderi looked at Lily as she sat back down on her chair.

"Yes, they are the business partners of Duke and Duchess Lacita" Lily answered with a smile.

"Oh, I see," Aderi said surprised as she looked at the letter.

"But why would they send me a letter?" Aderi asked an open question.

"I guess they are welcoming you m'lady" Lily responded with a smile.

Aderi nodded, It makes sense after all, since the two families are in a good relationship since they are business partners.

Aderi opened up the envelope and started to read the letter.

=

'To, Lady Aderi Lacita Callista.

Greetings, Lady Callista, I am Cosette Vasilio, daughter of the business partners of your grandparents. This letter is to simply welcome you here on Bisoplain as well as to invite you to my tea party in 5 days.

I want to know you m'lady, and I'm sure we will get along quite well, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

If you do choose to accept my invitation it will make me the happiest girl alive, I do hope you'll come and grace us with your presence.

From, Cosette Thea Vasilio'

=

"Oh, interesting" Aderi commented after she read the letter, Lily tilted her head curious.

"It's from the daughter of House Vasilio" Aderi looked up at Lily.

"Oh! Lady Cosette?" Lily asked for confirmation, and Aderi nodded.

"She wanted to meet me at her tea party" Aderi responded.

"That's good news m'lady!" Lily said excitedly.

"Is it?" Aderi questioned a bit confused.

"Yes! Lady Cosette hardly hosts her tea parties" Lily responded with a smile.

"Could you tell me more about her?" Aderi asked with a smile so she could prepare to meet this new lady from Bisoplain.

"She's nice, but her brother describes her as 'Reckless' but that is only what I've heard" Lily responded with a small smile.

"I see..." Aderi nodded.

"So, what kind of family is House Vasilio like?" Aderi asked curiously.

"Well, they are one of the influential families here in Bisoplain, they are a ducal family, The Duke and Duchess have two children, The oldest is Sir Koen Rune Vasilio, he is the future head of the House Vasilio, and the youngest is Lady Cosette Thea Vasilio,"

"People said it was a relief the two siblings got their mother's looks, the two resemble their mother a lot," Lily said as she stopped talking, Aderi nodded trying to memorize all the details.

"I see, thank you Lily" Aderi smiled.

"Anytime, m'lady, you could ask me anything!" Lily said with sparkling eyes.

'I guess Cosette won't be a threat after all...but it's too early to determine that'