Chapter 11

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

"M'lady, it's Claudia" A voice from the other side of the door called.

"Come in" Aderi answered as she looked up from her painting to the door.

The door opened with a soft creek, revealing Claudia.

"3 letters from Skite came that are addressed to you, m'lady" Claudia announced as she closed the door behind her.

"Ah, thank you for bringing them up" Aderi gave Claudia a soft smile.

"You may put them on my desk" Aderi informed, Claudia bowed and went toward her desk, placing the letters carefully.

Aderi on the other hand looked back at her painting. It was a simple painting of a rose, one that symbolizes the roses she saw in the garden.

"It's looking quite pretty, m'lady" Claudia complimented as she looked at the unfinished painting.

"You think so?" Aderi looked back at Claudia, surprised at the sudden compliment.

"Yes, m'lady, the picture may still be incomplete but, I'm sure it'll look amazing once it is finished" Claudia nodded, giving her feedback.

"Thanks, Claudia" Aderi let out a soft smile as she looked back at her painting. Her painting skills aren't that bad, but she is still not at the level where she can paint people and complicated portraits.

"I'll be on my way, m'lady" Claudia bowed again before leaving the room, Aderi could only nod at her announcement.

It's been exactly 4 days since the meeting with his highness. Aderi let out a sigh as she remembered her agenda for tomorrow.

The tea party with Cosette Vasilio.

Aderi placed down her paintbrush as she stood up from her stool, her workstation was placed facing the balcony.

Even though she had been painting for the past 3 days, she didn't feel stuffy at all since in the afternoon the door of the balcony was open, letting fresh air in.

She stretched a little before walking to her desk. Looking at the seals, she can already tell whose letter is whose.

The blue seal was from her father, the stamp had the crest of the Calistas

The red one was from Lady Ari, the scent of her favorite perfume lingers like always along with the seal of her house, House Duncan.

Lastly, a letter with no marked seal, just a simple green seal was from none other than Caelias himself. As the crown prince he needed to be discrete in sending letters, the one who sent this to the letter delivery is likely Jake.

She grabbed her father's letter first, opening it carefully, she read every letter with care.

The letter consists of how he was doing, asking if Aderi was fine and how the meeting with His Highness Oscar went.

'The word sure spreads fast...' Aderi thought, well...he is the Duke after all, and he most likely has a connection here in Bisoplain.

Soon, she grabbed Ari's letter, a faint smile present in her face, her dear friend, she couldn't even say goodbye to her before she left.

The letter consists of asking how Aderi is doing, how was Bisoplain, and telling Aderi how much she misses her.

After that, It was Caelias' letter.

=

'To: Ade

Greetings, my dear lady, I hope Bisoplain has been treating you well, and I too hope you are doing well, How is Bisoplain so far? Are you feeling homesick now? I'd like to hear more about your story.

Skite is doing well as always, Lady Duncan is asking about you a lot through Jake, she misses you dearly, and I too miss you, before you scold me, I am not neglecting my work, just like you advised,

Speaking of Bisoplain, I heard His Highness the Crown Prince invited you, How was the meeting with him? Was he nice? Did he treat you well? Did you enjoy his company? I heard he also gave you some jewelry,

I hope that the people there are treating you well, it's only been days, and soon it will be weeks, but your absence surely has an effect on us, it's weird to feel and be aware that you are not here in Skite, I hope your stay there will go much faster, we miss you, I miss you, my dear lady,

Always stay safe m'lady, let me know if you need anything, and I'll be there

From: Cael'

=

'Word did sure got there fast...' Aderi thought as she read through the letter.

"Why does he sound like he is scolding me for meeting his highness?" Aderi mumbled, she chuckled soon after.

"Silly, stop that Aderi, His Highness Caelias is not jealous" Aderi rolled her eyes sarcastically at her thoughts as she sat down on the chair.

Grabbing a few pieces of paper, a pen, and envelopes, she started writing her responses.

°
°
°

"M'lady, you called?" Lily asked as she opened the door after knocking.

"Yes, could you please hand these to the delivery man?" Aderi gave Lily a soft smile handing her 3 letters.

"Of course, m'lady!" Lily nodded with a smile as she took the letters, and soon she left the room.

Her gaze shifted to the balcony door, it was open and the night breeze was coming inside her room.

"He usually enters through a balcony door" Aderi murmured as he envisioned Caelias' image every time he went to see Aderi in secret.

As soon as she realized her cheeks started heating up.

"Stop it!" Aderi scolded herself as she walked to the balcony door, closing it shut, and making sure to lock it.

"I guess...I do miss him a little as well" Aderi mumbled to herself once more.

°
°
°

"M'lady, are you sure you'll be bringing me as well?" Claudia asked with a hesitant look.

"Yes, is there a problem? would you perhaps rather stay here in the manor?" Aderi asked surprised.

"It's not that m'lady, but...I'm afraid I'm not the best suited to go with you" Claudia responded.

"Come on Claudia! Come with us!" Lily shook Claudia as she held into Claudia's arms.

"It's alright if you want to stay in the manor, I won't force you to come with us" Aderi smiled softly at Claudia.

"It's alright m'lady, I'll come with you as well, I was just hesitant since I have no experience in accompanying someone" Claudia bowed, explaining her side.

"It's alright Claudia, I'm glad you'll come, there's always a first for a new experience, right?" Aderi responded softly.

"You're right m'lady, but I cannot guarantee I won't make mistakes since it is my first time" Claudia looked down, and a soft chuckle left Aderi's lips.

"If you make a mistake then I'll take responsibility, remember, currently you are under my care, what happens to you is my responsibility to bear,"

Claudia was speechless, she was expecting Aderi to say something like 'It's your job, why can't you do it?' but instead, she was met with kindness, making her a bit uneasy since her last master was not so kind.

"Well then, I'm counting on you two to make me pretty once more for this tea party" Aderi smiled at the two. Lily lightened up and quickly dragged Aderi to the vanity, Claudia sighed at Lily's cheerfulness.