Steve and Mia - Brooklyn

"Steve." She said to the man standing in the kitchen, making avocado pasta. "Mia." He returned unbothered enough to not even look up from the pan. The short girl had bright blond hair and angled features, everything about her was small and sharp, but something in her eyes was unfittingly warm.
"You wouldn't believe who two are dating?" She said excitedly a wide knowing grin smeared on her face. "Oh good morning my dear roommate Steve, thank you for waking up and making me breakfast. How are you by the way?" He replied as he acted what she could have—should have said starting the morning. "Bear with me for a sec and think, Steven." She said before sighing. "I don't know, let me guess..." he started sarcastically, his voice snarky as he played himself thinking. The other man was tall, had pitch black hair in a wet mop haircut and a pair of small silver hoop earrings hang from his ears. "Freddy Mercury and David Bowie?" He let out with a smirk, pleased with his own reaction. "I can't even laugh right now, I am literally in too much of shock." She said so dramatically when he just finished mixing the pasta with its sauce that he finally turned to her.
"Who than?" He said as he partly rolled his eyes. "Alex Claremont Díaz and Prince Henry of Wales." She almost shouted in excitement while he was quite prosaic with her statement. "Yeah I heard the allegations too, it's only rumours. And I think he is courting the older sister anyways." He said as he was about to turn back to the counter and prepare a salad but was stopped by her exaggerated reaction. "NO!" She shouted with the same wide grin which scared the living shit out of her roommate. "There are emails! Love letter none the less! And pictures of them kiss in cars!" She said as his eyes widened in shock, both her tone and reaction along with the astonishing discovery. "I have the urge to sing 'and downtown bars', but I'm afraid you'll shout at me again." He said as he walked over to her as she ignored him and scrolled through her phone enthusiastically. "Here this. The first son made a list of everything he loved about the prince of England, what a book plot, I cannot even believe this is real. You would basically cry after hearing this—pitying yourself about how lonely and sad you are while those two found each other." She said as she leaned on the door frame, hiding the phone screen from him. "Just read it Mia." He demanded—he didn't have his morning coffee yet and yesterday he worked on a manuscript until 2pm—he was an editor, just for the context. "Ok ok. Hear this." She started before coughing dramatically before her act "An incomplete list: all of the things I love about his royal highness prince Henry of Wales.
1. The sound of your laugh when I piss you off.
2. The way you smell underneath your fancy cologne, like clean linens but somehow also fresh grass (what kind of magic is this?).
3. The thing you do where you stick out your chin to try to look though.
4. How your hands look when you play the piano.
5. All the things I understand about myself now because of you.
6. How you think Return of the Jedi is the best Star Wars (wrong) because deep down you're a gigantic, sappy, embarrassing romantic who just wants the happily ever after.
7. Your ability to recite Keats.
8. Your ability to recite Bernadette's "Don't let it drag you down" monologue from
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
9. How hard you try.
10. How hard you've always tried.
11. How determined you are to keep trying.
12. That when your shoulders cover mine, nothing else in the entire stupid world matters.
13. The goddamn issue of Le Monde you brought back to London with you and kept and have on your nightstand (yes, I saw it).
14. The way you look when you first wake up.
15. Your shoulder-to-waist ratio.
16. Your huge, generous, ridiculous, indestructible heart.
17. Your equally huge dick.
18. The face you just made when you read that last one.
19. The way you look when you first wake up (I know I already said this, but I really, really love it).
20. The fact that you loved me all along." She finished off to read to Steve who she now noticed leaned on the door frame in front of her, his eyes closed and cheeks damp from tears that just streamed as she spoke. "You miss him?" She asked him as he opened his eyes to look at her. "Everyday ever since he died. I had this. That's the worst thing. I lost it. Him." He said as a few more tears streamed down his cheeks. "And I am just single." She said to try and put his mind off of it and maybe affect his mood for the better as she joked. "If I wasn't gay I would totally date you." He smirked at her in return as the two stood there, they did not move.
The food got cold and the Saturday passed by and they set by the two sides of the door frame and read love letters from two lovers, who happens to be influencing and famous, who happen to be guys, be it all didn't matter, because why would it?