12. theyre too good for you

real life, messages
(unedited)

           Bella had been home for a few weeks, going to school, playing lacrosse for school and her hockey team was qualifying for states. It was finally Friday, which meant Bella had a weekend of hockey. It was the last week before states for Bella and her team, the Michigan Selects.

Bella sat in the car with her mom as the two drove to Ohio to play. She played two games Saturday, and one Sunday morning. This team would be at nationals so they needed to play their best to see how they could do. The weekend ended pretty well, they finished their weekend 2-1.

Bella didn't do her homework until Sunday night, and woke up Monday morning to her alarm. She got dressed and went to the kitchen to pack a lunch and get breakfast. Ellen and Jim were sitting downstairs and when the time came they said goodbye to their daughter and she drove to school.

It was another boring day, followed by a boring Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The only good thing to come out of the week beside states starting was she and Connor talked everyday. Bella's first game of states was about to start and she sat in the locker room thinking. She thought about the game ahead of her and how she wanted to win.

The Michigan Selects we're playing Detroit Jr. Red Wings. It was an easy game, it ended 7-0, Bella had a hat trick. Her next game ended up 3-1, Michigan winning. So far her team was 2-0, Her last game of the round robin was 1-0, Bella scored. Her team was number 1 in the tournament, and they were playing the fourth ranked team in the semis later that day.

Bella and Chloe were talking about how they were excited for the game. The semis were good, Bella's team won 2-1 in overtime. Bella scored the game winner in overtime. Her team was going to the state championships the next morning and 8:45. The games were close to Bella's house so she went home to sleep in her bed.

Bella had to be at the rink at 7:30 that morning for her teams warmups and to get dressed. She sat in the locker room getting ready next to Chloe and 10 minutes before they were going on the ice their coaches went in to talk to the team.

"Alright girls, we've been preparing for this all season. You have earned this, now go out there and show it." With that the team went out and the game began. It was the Michigan Selects vs Grand Rapids Elite.

The game was tied at the end of the second 0-0. The locker room was full of nerves in between and when the team went out for the third, Grand Rapids Elite had scored. Bella and her team had a minute left to score, so they put Bella out and pulled their goalie.

The puck was in the offensive zone and Bella was set up on the off side waiting for a one timer. Chloe had it far side and passed it to the defender at the blue line. It went back to Chloe and she sauced it to Bella, who took a one timer, putting the puck near side, perfectly in the corner.

Bella tied the game with 45 seconds left. No one scored in that time, but when Bella was going for the puck she got hit and her head went into the corner of the glass by the bench. She fell and was on the ground, Her coach came out to check in her asking what was wrong.

She took a minute to get up, and she sat on the bench. No one scored in the remaining time, or in the first or second over time. Bella hadn't played, her head didn't hurt, but her coaches wanted to be sure. The third over time was over and still, no winner.

"Bella, we are going to try you out for a shift, but keep it short." Her coach told her. Bella went on the ice, taking the face off and winning it pack to her defense.