Chapter 6

<Current Day>

A group of people dressed in fancy party wear mount the lift at "The First Hawaiian Center". The space is buzzing with those attending the Star Gala that's being held at the Art Museum on the 20th floor.
The group is blissfully unaware of the figure clad entirely in black sitting atop of the moving glass box.

As the lift moves up, the black figure eyes the external AC vent of the  floor. Once the lift stops and the occupants get off, he manages to jump off the roof of the lift, and hold onto the awning just as the lift starts to descend. Hanging by one arm now, he takes out a mechanical drill to unscrew the AC vent. He makes a quick job to kick it open, jumps in and crawls forward through the duct.

The duct leads the man to a lavish art hall with multiple expensive art pieces hung on the hall. The man syncs his phone with the room's thermostat and increases the internal temperature to avoid triggering the heat sensors. He then carefully unscrews the grill and climbs down, ending his fall with a summersault. He takes off his ski mask and the tactical suit to reveal himself, it's Pathaan.

Pathaan glances at his Rolex, impressed with the time he took to break and enter.

"15 minutes. Not bad." He mutters to himself with a smirk.

He adjusts his black blazer, which he was wearing underneath the gear. It was paired with black trousers and a simple white shirt, top buttons left fashionably open. He quickly scans the room and finds the nearest exit.

------

In the adjacent art hall, a man in his late 40’s was speaking on the stage; a small crowd was gathered around it. The man was thanking his business partner and friends present in the room for making today's exhibition possible.

"I had to work really hard to reach where I am today. It was one of my dearest friend and confidant, who encouraged me to put my collection on display. And here we are today. So thank you Meghna."

He raises a toast for her and she smiles back at him. The man ends his speech and the crowd disperses to take a look around.

Meghna follows the crowd, and walks through the exhibition, appreciating the pieces. She is dressed in a dark green, strapless cocktail dress with a knee high slit on her left leg. Her hair is tied up in a loose bun. The look is completed with a delicate diamond necklace, and matching earrings, paired with a complementing clutch.

--------
Author's note: kinda filler, kinda set up for the next one(?). Also I really don't know if the art gallery is on the 20th floor. It doesn't matter.