| John |

"Happy birthday, John." Emery grinned. John smiled back at her, sitting up in bed.
"Why thank you, darling." He told her, rubbing his eyes and running his hand through his ruffled hair. Emery didn't think he knew how hot he looked.
"It's your day. We can do whatever you want." She told him, kissing his cheek.
"Do you mind if we go to the record store?" John asked.
"I don't mind, love. That would be fun. But let me make you breakfast first." Emery said, clipping on her hoop earrings and adding a final swish of pink lipstick to her lips.
"You don't need to do that." He sang as he got out of bed.
"Yes I doo. It's your birthday, silly." She said as she turned to him.
He put his hands on her hips and kissed her.
"Thank you." He touched her forehead with his.
"Of course, John." She grinned.

The record store was a blast. John made Emery laugh so hard, like he naturally did. They saw "Please Please Me" and Emery bought it. John didn't want her to. "I can't stand listening to my own voice." He told her. She frowned, putting it back, but then turning to him.
"Why? Your voice is incredible. It gives me shivers. It's so pretty, Johnny. Pretty like you." She smiled, stroking his hand.
John cracked a grin. "Ok, you can buy it." He rolled his eyes.
John bought an Elvis album, and Emery told him to go to another store because she had to do something. He left, and she bought his Beatles album, but she also bought him a deluxe Elvis Presley album that he had wanted for ages. She had put it on hold for a couple months, and today she finally picked it up. She also bought him a guitar pick, for something extra.
"Your bag looks bigger than the one album." He eyed her suspiciously as she strolled into the other store and met him.
"You'll see what's in it soon." She said vaguely. He looked like a little kid, trying to grab the bag from her and see it.  He was like a little kid, because he wasn't so desperate to see what was enclosed in the bag until it was deemed "forbidden".
After the long day out, Emery made dinner. After that, she pulled out the cake she made for John, singing to him. He smiled and put frosting on her nose. She did the same to him. They laughed. He thanked her.
Emery pulled out the gift she got him and handed it to him.
"You didn't need to get me a gift." He told her.
"You're turning 23! Besides, everybody deserves a gift on their birthday."
John opened it and his eyes popped.
"Is this real?" He gawked.
"You can believe your eyes, John." She quipped.
"And a guitar pick. My favorite color. Thanks, Em." He held it up. 
"Black is your favorite color?" She looked at him doubtfully.
"Yup. Black like my soul." He smiled.
"Thank you so much. For the gift and for today." I love you." He kissed her passionately.
"You're very welcome, my love. I love you too."She told him. He brought her upstairs later that night, after listening to the Elvis album..and of course, John's album. It was pretty embarrassing for him to hear his voice, but luckily, Emery seemed to like Paul's voice better in "I Saw Her Standing There".
  Anyways, he brought her upstairs, and they had a big birthday bang (see what I did there) :)