Chapter 3: Nice Changes

Sammy's POV~

"We're home!," my mother sang.

I entered the living room.

"Are you aware that the Skye's live right behind us?," I asked.

"Um... no?," my mom said, but it came out as more of a question.

"Mom!," I whined.

"We're sorry, but this was one of the only available houses and it was really pretty and cheaper," she said.

"Ugh! I'm trying to avoid Daniel! Not become his new neighbor/friend," I said.

"Oh Sammy, why can't you just forgive him?," my father asked.

"I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want to cry over him anymore! I'm tapped out of tears. He hurt me too much, I can't trust him," I explained.

"Okay, just calm down sweetheart," my mom said.

"I'm cool. I'm cool," I said.

"Okay, oh, this was on the porch," my father said as he handed me a package.

"Yes! It's my glasses!," I exclaimed.

I opened up the package and pulled out my glasses. I put them on my face.

"I can see clearly now," I sang.

"Aw, you look cute," my mom said.

"Thank you," I said as I went up the stairs.

Can I trust any of the Skye's? I mean I can trust the parents, Bex, and Wheezy, but any of the boys? Okay, I can trust Jay Jay and Jo Jo, but Robert? I already can't trust Daniel. I don't know. They say that the older brother's actions can rub off on their younger brother, so is Robert going to be like Daniel? Did Daniel learn from Robert? Ugh! Why does this have to be so complicated?????

~Weeks Later~

I decided to give Robert a chance. I mean, he hasn't done anything wrong to me. Right now, I was just sitting on the couch like I had been all summer so far.

"Sammy, you should go get a job," my mom said as she turned off the TV.

"I'm only 15 mom," I pointed out.

"Some kids have jobs at younger ages. But, maybe you should just volunteer somewhere," she said.

"I guess I can check out the mall," I said.

"Good, I'll drop you off," she said.

"Okay, let me just get ready," I said.

I went upstairs, showered, brushed my hair and teeth, and then got dressed. I ran downstairs and we hopped in the car.

~At the Mall~

"Okay, I'll pick you up in an hour. If you need longer, text me. Okay, bye! I love you!," she exclaimed.

"Bye! Love you too! Drive safe!," I exclaimed.

She drove off and I entered the mall. It was different from the mall I remembered, but it had been many years. I started walking around, but I didn't search long. A puppy store/daycare was hiring. I entered.

~Later~

"Well, you've got the job, Sammy," Lucas, my new boss, told me.

"Thank you so much. You won't regret it," I said.

"You're welcome and I hope I won't," he said.

I his office.

"Hi! I'm Elena, but you can call me Lena," a girl named Lena said.