Chapter 21: Half a Heart

Sammy's POV~

     When I woke up, I had a text from Jessie and Hayes. Jessie's was making sure I was okay because he heard about what happened. I quickly texted him back, saying I was okay. Then, I read Hayes'.

From: Hayes-y Bo Bayes-y 

      Hey Sammy, it's Daniel. I'm sorry that I didn't text you sooner. Wheezy made me break my phone. So, I read your text and it's okay, I understand. Being a teenager is hard and confusing. But, you probably wouldn't be so confused if I hadn't made you so confused. I don't know. I was just so confused because I started liking you when we were younger, but you were my best friend and I didn't want to ruin that. So, I started talking to Annabelle and I started liking her. But, seeing you again made me realize I made a huge mistake, but I still liked Annabelle, sort of. I don't know. It was a huge mess. Anyway, I'm really sorry too. You're my best friend Sammy. I love you for that.

     His text made my heart gush. It was so sweet and weird at the same time. So, of course I loved it. On that happy note, I got up, showered, got dressed, and started packing my bags. When I was done, I went downstairs.

"Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?," Aunt Cindy asked.

"Fine, my forearm hurts a little," I told her.

"Understandable," she chuckled.

     We ate lunch and then I brushed my teeth. I packed up the rest of my stuff. Then, it was time to go to the airport. 

"I can't go any further," Aunt Cindy reminded me.

"Right," I said.

"Bye Susie," I cooed, kissing the top of her head.

     She giggled in response.

"Bye Aunt Cindy," I said, hugging her.

"Bye sweetie," she smiled.

     She squeezed my shoulders.

"You two will be just fine," she smiled.

"I know," I smiled.

"Bye sweetie, keep that arm safe," she chuckled.

"Bye, I will," I giggled.

"I love you," she said.

"Love you too," I waved.

     I went through the security part and then sat down to wait.

"Hey," a voice said.

"Tanner, hey," I smiled.

"I didn't know you were here," he said.

"Ditto," I said, smiling a bit.

"Whoa, what happened to your arm?," he asked as our flight was called.

"It's a long story," I grinned.

"I've got time," he chuckled, causing me to let out a small laugh.

     I told him the whole story.

"Wait, the car hit you?," he asked.

"Yep. Luckily, it wasn't hard. I might have broken a lot more than my forearm," I smiled weakly.

"That's insane," he said.

"Tell me about it. Well, I'll have plenty of stories to tell my kids," I sighed.

"Oh I bet," he chuckled.

     We caught up on the way home. It turns out, one of his long time friends finally asked him out. Sadly, she moved to Seattle a week later. But, it was all good right now. He showed me some pictures of them together and they were so cute together. I was really happy for them.