Chapter 24: I'll Never Forget

Daniel's POV~

     Sammy and I have been dating for about 6 months now. We've been so happy together. I'm so in love with her. I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. Right now Sammy was out shopping and I was headed to the airport to pick up everyone. Sammy's birthday was coming up soon and they all wanted to surprise her. 

"You want me to come in with you?," my mom asked.

"No thanks. They're gonna land any second, so I'll just be real quick," I told her.

"Okay," she smiled.

     She parked the car and I went into the airport, taking a seat while I waited for everyone.

"AYYYYYY!," a loud group yelled.

     Yep, that was them.

"Hey guys," I laughed.

"Gosh we are so excited to see Sammy and party it up on her birthday," Mahogany smiled.

"We're gonna tear it up!," Taylor exclaimed.

     They grabbed their luggage and then we all piled into my moms mini van. We drove to my house and they set their luggage in the guest room.

"So, where's Sammy?," Kenny asked.

"She's out shopping with Lena," I told them.

"So, how are you two?," Hayes asked.

"We're doing great. I've never been happier in my entire life," I told him.

"Awwww," they chorused.

*Ring Ring*

"Mom! Your phone!," I called.

"Hello," she said.

     She froze and tears started coming down her cheeks.

"Mom! What happened?," I asked.

"Okay, I'll tell them. Thank you Mrs. Jones. I'm so sorry," mom said before hanging up.

"Mom," I said.

"Danny, Kenny, everyone," mom sighed, sitting down, the tears still flowing.

"Mom!," I exclaimed, my voice cracking.

"S-Sammy. Sammy was out with Lena, making their way to a store when Sammy noticed a little boy in the street, not paying attention. A car was coming right at it, the driver was apparently driving. Sammy acted immediately. She ran out and pushed the little boy out of the way. B-but, she didn't get out of the way in time," mom started, her voice cracking a few times from all of her crying.

     By now, everyone was crying, fearing for the worst.

"Sammy didn't make it," mom whispered.

     Everyone just started bawling. Not knowing what to do. My life is gone. She risked hers for one that was barely just starting. 

"Oh god," Kenny sobbed.

"W-why?," Mahogany and Kaytlin asked.

"Sammy," Hayes and Taylor cried.

     Everyone did a group hug, crying our eyes out. I could die. I could die right now and not even care. This pain was too much. I could tell everyone was thinking the same thing.

"She died saving another life," Cam said, trying to remind us that she didn't die for nothing.

     She died a hero...

~20 years later~

"Daddy, who is this girl?," my daughter, Samantha, asked.

"That was my best friend, Sammy. You're named after her," I told her.

"What happened to her?," she asked.

"She passed away, saving a little boy," I told her.

"What was she like?," she asked, staring at the picture of Sammy and I.

"She was amazing. She was one of the best people to ever walk the planet," I smiled, thinking of all of the times we spent together.

"Will you tell me about her?," she asked.

"Of course," I smiled, trying to decide which story to tell first.

     Sammy will never be forgotten. She is always in our memories and hearts. We will always love her.

                                                                           💗💗💗💗💗💗