121

Millie

I heard some scrambling inside before he opened his door. He's panting and only wearing a gray sweatpants and white t-shirt. His curly hair, messy and there are dark circles below his eyes. Have he been sleepless?

He was breathing hard and before I could even say anything, he pulled me inside his flat, locked the doors, and pinned me against it. I was out of breath for a moment. His hazel, almost green eyes, were fixed unto mine.

"I'm sorry, Amelie," he called out my real name. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Did I do anything wrong? For you to say that? Please. Tell me. I'll do better," he said, almost pleading.

I shook my head and hooked my hands on his nape. "No, no, no. Forrest, I'm sorry," I said. He closed the distance between our faces as tears in my eyes taunts to fall down.

I don't know what was even wrong between us. Was it because of him? Of me? My overthinking?

He gave one look at my lips before wiping away my tears around my eyes. I closed my eyes, savoring his presence, his touch, the slight tickle of his breath against mine, his scent, and the way his skin touches my skin, everything about him.

"I missed you," he whispered, and some bolts from my spine sent shivers around me.

"I missed you, too," I replied.

I opened my eyes and he's to close. My hands still on his nape, his other hand on my hip, the other against the door beside my head.

"Can you tell me what happened, love?" he asked, so softly, I thought I melted into place.

I pursed my lips and said nothing. What am I supposed to say? That I talked to Kalina and some overthinking functions in my brain struck again? If I tell him that, he'll for sure confront Kalina about it. And I don't want to taint their friendship just because I'm Forrest's girlfriend.

"It's nothing," I only said. His brows furrowed, not seem to buy what I just said. My heart starts beating faster. I don't know if I could generate more excuses that it's really nothing.

So I closed more distance in between us and kissed him. He groaned and inhaled sharply before he responded to my kisses. His other hand traveled down to my waist and pulled me closer.

My knees trembled. I'd probably have collapsed if he's not holding me. I let out a soft gasp when he held my thighs and hooked my legs around his waist, still not breaking the kisses.

Shit. Are we really doing this now?

"Millie..." he breathed when he broke the kiss.

"Please," I said. Heat crept to my face to the sound I suddenly let out. Remind me to smack my head really hard when this is over.

He plopped down to the near sofa, and now I'm straddling him. His fingers lingered down on my bare back, up to my rib cage.

Our kisses went wilder as I press myself more against him. The last time I knew, it's cold in his flat. Now, I'm wondering why it's suddenly so hot. My breathing hitched when his hands went down my butt then along my thighs.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I was caught off guard when he suddenly broke the kiss. We're both out of breath as we stare at each other. He ran his fingers from my forehead through my hair, wiping beads of sweat around my temple. His jaw clenched as he looked down in between us, and I suddenly felt cold.