Chapter 21: Lando

LONDON, UK
After Bahrain, I flew back to London to be with Selene to celebrate her birthday. She's still down with the flu so she was against it, fearing she might infect me. It's her birthday and I could not not see her. Of course when I landed, London weather was shit. It was raining and it was gloomy as fuck. I facetimed her to check if she wanted anything so I can grab it on the way home.

"Hey babe, do you want anything? So I can pick it up from here?"

She looked a bit better but still looking ill.

"Hi..." she coughed "i'm good. I can't hold anything down. it's not COVID. It's the usual stomach flu. The doctor came over and hooked me up on an IV to help break the fever and dehydration. Annie got a nurse on standby, too."

"Awww baby. Try to eat something. I'll be there soon.Love you."

"Love you"

***
@landonorris : finally reunited with the birthday girl but she's still ill 😢

***@landonorris : finally reunited with the birthday girl but she's still ill 😢

@selandocontent: get better, queen 👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻

@f1wags get well soon
***
I arrived home late afternoon. Annie picked me up from the airport. I rushed to see Selene who was resting in our bedroom. I got her flowers for her birthday and that's about it. Well, I also got her a 1 of 2 Richard Mille Lando Norris watch, which was in my luggage.

I opened the door to our room and found her wearing my tshirt and shorts while hooked up to an IV and an ice pack on her forehead

"Hallo my love"

"Hi. You're home." she gestured for me to come closer—which I did. I sat at the side of the bed to get a good look of her.

"I got you flowers... happy birthday, baby!" I leaned in to give her a kiss. I removed her icepack and gave her another peck on her forehead.

"They're beautiful. Thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't watch your first race with Ferrari."

"Nah, don't fuss about it. There's 23 more, you can make up for it"

"Where did you finish?" She said as she tried to sit down to put the flowers aside.

"P9. I struggled with the tyres but it's okay." I grabbed her hand to entwine with mine as I moved to sit beside her on our bed.

"Oh, you finished?" She joked and it cracked me up. My sassy girl.

"What?! Of course. You really think i will dnf?"

"I kid. At least you scored some points"

"Yeah." i touched her forehead to feel it "you're still ill?"

"they gave me antibiotics, so hopefully I get better"

"Aww come here" I pulled her into a hug and we stayed that way until they brought us dinner.