Tomorrow

I sat swinging my legs at the counter as Brandon's family went about their usual day. His mom made dinner, his brothers played Madden, and Brandon watched, constantly checking his phone for booking information and notifications.

"Baby can you stir these potatoes for me?" His mom Kathy asked looking up at me.

"Mhmm." I said getting down.

"How is everything going with you and Brandon?"

"Good, we're fine."

"Are you lying to me Milly?" She asked calling me by my nickname from her.

"No, things are okay, I've just been a little shaken up since the shooting."

"I told him to leave that shit alone, he got something good already."

"Same thing I said, he's been in this for as long as I can remember. He said he was gonna stop but he said that last time."

"I'm gonna talk to him, here take this in there, I'm almost done cooking." She said handing me a plate of wings.

"Guys I have food." I sang as they stared at the screen focused on the game.

"That aint food that's just wings." Shawn said side-eyeing me.

"How about you starve then." I smiled.

"B get ya girl." He said looking at Brandon.

"Leave her alone before she beat ya ass boy." Brandon said laughing and locking his phone.

"Mean ass." Shawn mumbled grabbing a wing.

All the boys grabbed some wings and I took the rest back to the kitchen.

"You haven't eaten since you got here, finish the rest off those." Kathy said turning off the stove.

"No thanks, the smell of chicken is annoying me. "

"Milly, you always eating when you're here. Are you pregnant?" She asked squinting at me.

"N-no, I'm just not hungry."

"I have 3 children, I hated the smell of meat and men throughout every pregnancy."

"I'm not pregnant Ms. Kathy." I laughed.

"Have you been using protection?"

"No.."

"You on birth control?"

"Kinda?"

"Kinda?!" She yelled making the guys turn around.

"I'll go get a test, okay?" I whispered.

"You better, I won't tell him, that's on you."

"Okay okay, i'll go get the test done."

"Good, now help me make these plates."