Can I Have Your Attention

"Bitch sit down you making me nervous." I snapped at Somiya who kept pacing.

"Girl I'm scared, I aint ready to be a god mom, I'm still not done being a hoe."

"Sit down girl." I laughed.

"Hello Ms. Ricci, how are you?" My doctor said walking in and closing the door behind him.

"Hi." I smiled.

"I'm doctor Khan, I have your results."

"Can I see first?" Somiya asked walking to him.

"Uhh, sure, right here.. there." He said pointing to a point on the paper.

"Hmmm." Somiya said giving an unreadable expression.

"Tell me!" I said impatiently.

"Oh, congratulations, you're about 5 weeks pregnant."

I didn't respond right away, I was lost and had no idea what to say. I had an idea that I may have been pregnant but I figured my birth control would come through... I guess not.

"Oh god." I mumbled.

"I'll get you a prenatal prescription and a write up okay?" Doctor Khan asked before leaving the room.

"Bitch you having a baby!" Somiya squealed jumping like a little kid.

"Miya I'm not even ready." I said lowering my head.

"Aww, girl nobody ever is, but Bibby loves you and maybe this baby can convince him to finally get out this trap shit." She said rubbing my back.

"What if he's not ready either? I can't bring a baby into all this."

"Well, it's something to talk about with him,if all else fails i'll adopt the baby."

"Shut up, just keep it lowkey, that means no pillow talk with Herb."

"Girl please, Herb never even made it to my pillow."

"Excuse me then." I said standing up.

"We did make it to the couch though." She said biting her lip.

"Somiya!"

"What? He kept testing me I couldn't go out like some punk."

"Let's go crazy." I laughed grabbing my purse.

We left and I dropped Somiya off at home before heading to the condo. I was beyond nervous because this was probably the last thing he is expecting me to tell him. We never use protection because ever since we lost our virginity to one another, it's only been us two and I've been on birth control. I turned the car off, grabbed my purse and let out a deep sigh before heading upstairs. I got to our door and unlocked it, hearing music as soon as I walked in. He was facing the window on the phone, shirtless and in jogging pants.

"No I'm still in Chicago. I can do that, yeah, okay, alright, see you there, bye." He said still facing away form me.

I walked up behind him putting my arms around his waist, he jumped then turned around smiling at me. I smile back, knowing that him smiling was just the most amazing thing ever, I was so deeply in love with him. I knew telling him would change things, but keeping it from him would be much worse. i didn't wanna be the girl in love with a rapper, having his kid, we break up, then starting up some lame ass make-up or weave line to stay relevant. I wanted a family, a simple life, a great job and a to go to bed next to the man of my dreams.

"Who was that?" I asked still holding him.

"Lorin, where you been?"

"With Somiya, running errands."