Raised Up

"Milani! Wassup" Izze said pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Izze, is Brandon here?" I asked smiling.

"He in the studio now, what you having, a watermelon?" He joked rubbing my stomach.

"No, a boy, that's all." I laughed.

"I'm happy for you man, glad you came by, we missed you."

"I missed you guys too, is Mali here?"

"Yeah, she in the kitchen upstairs, take the elevator."

"Okay, don't tell Brandon I'm here by the way."

"I gotcha." He said shaking hi head.

I took the elevator upstairs to the second floor which was like a mini condo with a full kitchen living area and bathroom. Mali was Izze's sister, they both worked at the studio where Brandon recorded, Izze was a producer.

"Maaalllll." I sang coming into the kitchen.

"Milani? Hey babygirl!" She smiled turning around to hug me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, oh my this stomach is adorable." She said smiling at my belly.

"I'm so ready to have him."

"It's a boy?"

"Yeah, I found out two weeks ago."

"I'm really happy for you. How are you?" She asked going back to the pot she was cooking with.

"Good I-"

"Mali there's someone here for you downstairs." A girl said appearing at the elevator.

"Okay, I'll be right down, oh Milani this is the receptionist, Mika."

"Hi, nice to finally meet you." She smiled reaching to shake my hand.

Bitch.

"Hi." I replied acting like I didn't notice her reach out.

"Okay, I'll be right back." Mali said turning the stove off.

I put my purse down and got a bottle of water from the fridge, it was time to get some answers.

"So, Mika, how do you know me, if we've never met." I asked tilting my head.
"Oh, Brandon talks about you sometimes." She smiled.
"Brandon, you mean Bibby?"
"Yeah, Bibby."
"How long have you been working here? I don't remember you being here when he started recording here."
"I started about 6 months ago, Mali had wanted to hire me for a while."
"Mika, are you sleeping with my boyfriend?"
"H-hmm? What?" She said instantly widening her eyes and acting confused.
"Simple question."
"N-no. I'm not."
"Okay, just wondered." I smiled sipping my water and picking my phone up.
"Why would you be asking me something like that?"
"Simple question girl, it ain't that deep." I said calmly.
"Oh, alright, umm I gotta go back downstairs." She said then turning to go to the elevator.

I smiled and let out a sigh, I was a little upset, but I had something for Brandon.
I went downstairs once Mali came back and went to the studio Brandon and Izze were in.

"Hi Izze." I said stepping in seeing that Brandon was in the booth.
"Hey, hell you been?" He said turning around.
"With Mali and Mika. Just talking."
"Cool cool, Bibby should be coming out now."

I put my purse in the chair behind me and stood waiting for him to come out.

"Hey, what you doing here?" He asked walking over.
"I haven't seen you in almost a week and that's how you greet me?"
"I'm just saying. I missed you, that's all." He said kissing me but I didn't try to even return it.
"Mhmm, what you been up to?" I said stepping back.
"Working, that's all."
"Izze, can you give us a little alone time, just a few minutes."
"Sure sure, take your time." He smirked getting up to leave.
"What you tryna do?" Brandon smiled up at me.
"How much did you miss me?" I smiled climbing onto his lap.
"A whole lot, I see you calmed down."
"Of course, I can't stay mad at you baby."
"Is that right?" He said putting his hands on my hips.
"Yep, can I have a kiss?"
"Hell yeah." He said then leaning up and kissing me, I missed his lips honestly.
"Bran, I need to tell you something." I said pulling away slowly.
"What?"
"I know you slept with Mika, but of course you had to make me seem hormonal and crazy, you're a liar and a cheater. Have a great life." I said climbing off him and grabbing my purse.
"Lani, hold up. Stop, stop." He said quickly grabbing my arm.
"I don't care."
"You do, listen to me, it wasn't like that."
"Oh, then please tell me what it was like then." I said staring hard at him.
"Something almost happened, she tried to give me head, I stopped her, I didn't fuck that girl."
"But somehow your girlfriend who's carrying your baby didn't have to know right?"
"Lani.."
"Right?!" I said now crying the tears I promised myself I would hold in.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said pulling me toward him
"Me too." I said wiping my face and walking out.
"Lani come here man." I heard him calling after me.
"You listen to me and you listen really fucking close. Once I have this baby, I am coming for you, you have some fucking nerve trying to sleep with a man who is clearly with someone else! and then tried to lie, bitch you better pray you're not still here in two months, I'm gonna fuck you up!" I yelled pointing in Mika's face.
"Security!" She yelled still staring at me, scared as hell.
"I'm leaving, but best believe I will be back, thirsty bitch. And go get your face cleaned hoe, looking like a ugly ass crunch bar." I said then leaving the studio with Brandon right behind me.
"I will mace the fuck out of you, get away from me." I said going in my purse for my keys.
"I didn't fuck thy girl Lani!"
"But if a nigga tried to give me head you would be ready to call me all types of unloyal bitches and all that, right?"
"Nothing happened."
"But she's texting you at 3 in the morning, you're treating me different and she's acting suspicious as fuck! You're a liar Bran!"
"I'm not, I said I was sorry."
"Yeah, and I'm sorry I ever got pregnant by you. Move." I said getting in my car and closing the door.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, then looked at him and drove off. Everything I thought, I believed, I wanted. Was a lie. The man I was in love with was willing to lie to me, to save another woman. I was in pain, my heart hurt, my chest hurt, God it felt like my ribs would crumble and my heart would just fall out. I cried and cried as I drove home, my eyes were clouded with tears, and I struggled to fight them off as it started to pour down raining. I turned on my windshield wipers and tried to focus, I was at my turn so I attempted to make a right from the lane I was in. I saw bright lights at the passenger window and tried to go forward but I couldn't see anything. All I could hear was glass shattering, the sound of pounding metal and tires screeching. Then nothing.

Comment. Share. Vote.
-Nara.