Before you read

Hello and welcome to my story!
It appears that somehow you have found your way here. Maybe you know me already from my story 'His Mutuality', or you don't. If you don't, I'm just a random teenager who is a sucker for mentally ill gay demons. That's all that really matters in this context lol

So yeah um

IMPORTANT
-This story is NOT a sequel to His Mutuality! It's about the same ship and takes place in a modern/highschool AU as well, but it's a completely independent story!

CONTENT WARNINGS etc.
-This story is way more dark and depressing than my first one (if you've read it). It delves very deeply into the characters' thoughts and feelings. There is a lot of angst, but it has a happy ending.
-The story deals with a lot of heavy topics, such as: depression, self-hatred, extreme inferiority complex, self esteem problems and other mental health problems etc.
-Featured are also mentions of s3lf h@rm and su!c!d@l thoughts, as well as an (unsuccessful) su!c!de @ttempt.
-Profanity warning: the story contains minor, uncensored cursing. There is very little to no explicit cursing though, the f-word is used one or two times in the whole story, and it's censored. However, it is the only thing in the whole story that's censored.
-Explicitly mentioned s3xu@l content. There is no smut or anything else that's 18+, but there is a 16+ part (kissing/making out) where the characters intend to indulge in s3xu@l intercourse afterwards. The chapter cuts off before that happens though.
-All in all the rating for this story is higher than for His Mutuality, because it deals with more mature topics and because of the s3xu@l content. If any of the mentioned things triggers you, I suggest that you don't read this story. There will also be no warnings for content before chapters.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
-This story consists of 10 chapters in total. They are all quite long, but have irregular lengths. The reason for that is that this story was originally supposed to be a oneshot, and then a series of oneshots, and it contains a lot of inner monologue. In the end I decided to turn it into a whole story because it got too long lol
-The story itself is already finished as well, I started writing it immediately after I finished His Mutuality. However, I wrote it on paper, and I'm digitalizing it chapter after chapter. Expect slow updates (5 days - 1 ½ weeks), because the chapters are long and also because I still have to write some things for His Mutuality (like the QnA).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTENT
-Both of the main characters (Enmu and Douma) have severe mental problems and need therapy. Don't believe everything they say and think, please. They have no clue what they are doing.
-They are also both out of character. It's modern AU and a fanfiction, so what do you expect.
-I projected onto both of them while writing this. DO NOT worry about me though. I may be in a complicated mental state right now but I don't feel NEARLY as horrible as the two main characters of this story feel. What I did was simply take my own feelings, and write them in an A LOT more extreme way.

ALSO
-English is not my first language. I am only a teenager who likes gay 'irredeemable' demons from Demon Slayer and can't help but write fanfiction about them. I'm not a professional writer or anything, and only have limited capacities. Don't expect perfection from me.
-I also had some difficulties with writing about some of the mature topics, so I apologize deeply if I handled something inappropriately in some way. I tried my best.
-Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba belongs to Koyoharu Gotouge and not me! The cover art belongs to me though.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING OH MY GOD
-places I'm publishing this in: AO3, Wattpad, Quotev
-time of writing: 19th March 2023 - 11th July 2023
-time of publication: 23rd July 2023 - n.a.

LAST NOTE (yes for real)
This story was originally inspired by the song 'Creep' by Radiohead. Oh, and a few dreams that I had. Yes lmao, 2-3 major parts of this story are inspired by stuff that I dreamed about. AND I got the idea for the first chapter immediately after writing the last chapter of His Mutuality.

Before the story itself starts, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who is going to read this. This story is a gift to all the Enmu x Douma shippers, everyone else who decides to take a look into this, and everyone who needs to read it. I hope it will help you, in one way or another. And I especially hope that you'll enjoy it.

Have fun reading, your mom 🏳️‍🌈