Chapter 36

Shadows eyes fluttered open he blinked a few times feeling confused, he had fallen asleep, but he didn't remember dozing off but oh well.

He massaged his throbbing noggin trying to settle his headache he rested his head back against the couch letting out a sigh, he stared off at the ceiling not thinking about anything in particular that's when he decided to bring attention to the blue hedgehog who had his head resting against shadow's shoulder still asleep. Shadow just eyed him for a moment reaching to fix a stray quill on sonics head so his quills would look a little more tidy, shadows attention diverted away from sonic to stare blankly at the ceiling for a minute until he finally realized something, his head snapped back to the sleeping hedgehog just to make sure he didn't see it wrong.

Sonic didn't have any black fur, or red stripes, or even any inhibiter rings he was just that familiar royal blue hedgehog shadow was accustomed to seeing. Shadow looked down at himself, everything really was back to normal, it all felt too good to be true. "Sonic.. wake up" shadow started to shake sonic awake "..tails.. five more minutes" he muttered and continued to snooze, shadow rolled his eyes in response, he'd give the hedgehog five more minutes but he wouldn't make it pleasant. He poked sonics cheek overall just trying to mess with him, he pinched his cheek it was surprisingly soft, being annoying was sonics job he knew that but he couldn't help himself especially since he's spent this whole time with the most annoying Mobian on earth so it's no wonder some of sonics antics have rubbed off on him.

It's amusing to see the sleeping hero's little reactions like trying to hide his face in shadows arm to get away from the poking, it was endearing, though as much as shadow wouldn't want to admit it but it was. He stopped messing with him and just let his fingers run through sonics quills for a moment before pulling his hand away from the other 'what am I doing?' Shadow thought to himself, he grumbled feeling embarrassed now "sonic wake up." he said louder this time as he tried to shake sonic awake again and he made sure the hero would wake up, sonic rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes "is breakfast ready yet..?" He mumbled "what? No." shadow responded confused that's when sonic finally looked over to shadow "oh good morning shadow-..."

Sonic rubbed his eyes again not sure if he was still dreaming or not "shadow you look..." he pointed still trying to figure out how this happened "less blue? I know" shadow said that's when it finally clicked in sonics brain, the pills! He had forgotten all about it; "tails' antidote worked!" He had no doubt about his little brother's brilliance, he'd have to thank tails later for all his hard work "shadow this is amazing! We're back to normal" sonic said enthusiastically then jumped off the couch and onto his feet "this calls for a-" "race?" Shadow interrupted "exactly! It's been a while since i went on a run, would you care to join me shads?" Sonic smirked "fine, but don't start complaining when you lose" shadow stood up crossing his arms

"I should be saying that to you shads" sonic approached the other to were he was right in front of shadow "first one to town square and back wins" the hero said, shadow just smirked "that's it? You make it too eas-" he was cut off by the other kissing him on the cheek the ebony felt his face go hot for a moment"see ya shads!" Sonic said before running out the door while shadow was left in shock which would give the other a minute before shadow would try and kill him.

Once shadow finally snapped out of it the speedster would already be way ahead he growled in frustration, his air shoes blazed as he kicked off into a sprint making his way out of the house tailing far behind sonic.

Sonic had reached town square and by now was racing back home until he saw a red streak dart past him, sonic snickered to himself he knew the other was pissed but he was surprised that shadow had caught up to him so quickly, sonic was definitely in for it now. He could see his home in the distance so he sped up his pace yet at the same time shadow spin dashed towards sonic making him slow down "that was cheating" the ebony said over the beating wind "i have no idea what your talking about" Sonic said acting coy

"Don't play dumb you know what i mean." Shadow grumbled "maybe, but i know one thing.." sonic slowed to a stop his shoes digging into the earth "i win!" He had made it to his house first, shadow cursed under his breath as he stopped as well "nice try shads you've gotta be faster next time" sonic chimed trying to furthermore mess with the other "i would have beaten you if you didn't do that" shadow crossed his arms "a win is a win shadow and besides i know you liked it" sonic said earning a glare from the ebony, the hero snickered getting the reaction he had hoped from the other he just found it so funny to mess with shadow a bit.

"I'm joking I'm joking don't look so mad-" it was sonics turn to be interrupted this time, a gloved hand grabbed the azures neck pushing him up against the front door shadows grip wasn't tight but it was definitely rough. This surprised sonic he thought he had pushed shadows buttons too much he knew they were both friends now but that probably wouldn't stop shadow from beating the life out of sonic "calm down shads i was kidding" he laughed nervously.

Sonic could feel those amber eyes boring into his and he could see them getting closer, a little too close, sonics eyes widened slightly when he felt the others nose against his "shadow.." his mouth went dry as he found himself leaning in as well but right when their lips were about to touch shadow pulled away with a grin on his face when he backed away from the other "I'm going home hedgehog" shadow said suddenly having a chaos emerald in hand, he must've stolen that out from sonics quills while he was distracted "see ya" the ebony said chaos controlling away leaving sonic speechless and heavily red in the face. It was so hard to believe that just happened and to think sonic was willing to kiss back, though it was crazy to think what could have happened if shadow didn't leave so abruptly.