41.

— dave's pov:

a little over 3 weeks had passed since kairi's birthday and a date that felt so long to come by was now in 3 days, kamryn's due date.

in those 3 weeks me and kamryn finished up the nursery, packed the baby bag and altered our room to cater to the twins.

yes our room. during those 3 weeks i told
her to stop playing and allow me to make it official. she agreed and now we were officially back together, working together to make a better us. as a consequence we now shared a room and was using the spare room as a play room for the girls, to avoid random lego parts being stepped on during the night if they played down here.

during the 3 weeks not many changes had occurred only that me and kamryn had decided to start couple counselling once the twins were a couple months old and that we were also holding on with the moving home thing until they were settled in too.

other than that everything was all the same.

"shit i smell pancakes".

"you smelt wrong" kamryn replied coming into view as she walked out of the open kitchen holding the laundry basket on her hip.

"what you doing in here?".

"your kids can't dump their shit in the allocated baskets. so i'm here chasing after it" she replied throwing the clothes into the basket.

"my kids? their our kids".

"i didn't teach our kids to be messy, so in this case their yours".

i rolled my eyes "i'll talk to them later".

"no you won't" she scoffed.

"i will" i assured "no promise they'll listen though but i will" i chuckled making her mug me and brush past me.

i kissed my teeth as i watched her walk off, the closer kamryn was getting to her due date the more easily annoyed she got.

every lil thing was pissing her off, breathing 'too loud, the drastic volume change between a show and an ad, not changing empty toilet roll..that was just some of the few.

i understand the last one but most time it was the kids and they couldn't reach the new ones, but i was blamed as i was the "tallest in the house, you should bring it down".

her being easily annoyed cause lil arguments between us and a slight tension between the girls and her.

it wasn't nice but it was what it was.

i was knocked out of my thoughts at the sound of the front door opening revealing my mom and the girls, she had taken them for a week.

"morn" i replied a yawn escaping my lips.

"boy out some clothes on" my mom chuckled kissing my cheek "where's kamryn? you two tango last night?".

i chuckled "nah ma we didn't tango at all" as i grabbed a wife beater from the clean laundry pile she left out.

"i hope you washed that" she mumbled helping the girls out of the coats.