Delicious Desire ☽ 23

KAI

----

Stupid Elian, how can he be so dense? My insides were boiling from rage, the way he just nonchalantly called Leah 'cute' made me angrier than I'd like to confess to.

I walked past everyone and everything and sat down at the far corner of the hall. My head landed on my arms where they rested on the table. I sighed deeply and squeezed my eyes shut.

Our bond is... Fragile. And it scares me, yes he's feeling the pull but what if it was just that.

The mate pull.

I'm so scared at the thought that maybe he doesn't even like me, he's just sticking it out with me because he has too.

My head lolled to the side again, I sat and watched as people laughed and mingled. Like they don't have a care in the world.

Kira whined in my head, begging me to go back to Elian. He's his mate too, after all. But, I couldn't get myself to stand up from my pitiful hidingplace and go talk to the bloodsucking asshole.

My asshole. Or, I hope he is.

Elian told me a while ago, when we were lounging on his bed. The afternoon sun was beating down on us from the open windows, I remember feeling so relaxed and at peace. He was drawing shapes on my lower back, nothing with thought. Just mindless rubbing.

"Y'know, before my mother left she promised me to another vampire family. The girl, I've never met. I've only ever seen pictures of her. It was one of the biggest reasons why my father made her leave. For me. For me to one day choose who I love. Not something forced on me like they were." he said in a cool, calm tone.

I stayed silent as my heart dropped into my stomach at his proclamation. He has a fiance, someone who his mother agrees with.

"That's so sad, Elian. No one should be forced into a marriage, especially a supernatural one too." I replied, finally looking up at him.

He smiled and drew me into his cold body. Leaning his head on mine, I could feel the pounding of my heart against his still one.

We stayed like that for a while, not saying anything. But, my head shot up and I looked him in the eyes.

"Why doesn't your heart beat? Are you actually dead?" I asked.

The words just spilled out of my mouth, no regard to thought whatsoever. I was mortified when he burst out laughing. His head bowed back exposing his throat to me.

"Kai, that's hilarious. No, I'm not dead. My heart does beat, just very slowly." he replied and took my hand, "Feel, for yourself. Focus on my chest and you'll hear it."

And I did, a faint thump thump could be heared and my face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Holy shit! How didn't I ever hear it before." I said placing my head on his chiseled chest.

He just sighed and held me close, his cool fingers wrapped around my neck. Squeezing my flesh ever so often, reminding me that he was there with me.

It was so peaceful, but what he said about his 'forced marriage' scared me. I might lose him, if he decided to do so.

To follow his once forgotten mother's wishes. My heart gave a jump at the idea, I clutched my head. A groan and heartwrenching groan left my lips, the pain was agonizing. Just the thought of him turning his back on me, made me want to faint.

No, he wouldn't...

Would he? He has no reason to stay with me? He has told me how he feels. But what if he doesn't actually love me. He's never given me free reign on his thoughts, I can force myself into them. But, that's violating.

For anyone.

I just hope, he cares about me enough when the time comes for him to make the final decision regarding his family.

I hope he chooses our love.

I hope he chooses...me.

me