Delicious Desire ☽ 28

KAI

---

Goddess, my body hurt, my ribs hurt the most, and my mind was reeling from the information Sloan shared with me: my dad had a male mate. That explained why he didn't react as bad as I thought he would, my mother on the other hand, looked dejected and alone ever since we shared the news of our mateship.

I smiled and looked at Elian, he hasn't left my side since this morning. Even when I needed to get up and go to the bathroom, it was endearing but our fight still replayed in my mind.

Nothing was talked through and I hated that, he said in his own words that he needed time, and my unfortunate injuries sidestepped that plan of his. My feelings were still hurt and the news about my deceased half-sister just threw a wrench into my reality.

I raked my hands through Elians midnight hair, he's been laying on my chest for an hour now. I sighed and felt my heart jump into my throat, he looked up sensing the change in my rising heartbeat. Elians golden eyes peered into mine, I felt like I could get lost in them if I stared too hard or for too long.

"We need to talk, about the fight we had before I fell," I said in a cool smooth tone, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

His eyes dropped away from mine, but quickly caught them again. "Okay, I was also thinking about that. I'm sorry, I'm sorry about flirting with Leah, I didn't think. And that's the issue, in my head, it was only a meaningless comment but for you, it wasn't." he replied running his fingers over the bandages on my stomach.

I nodded along with everything he was saying but stilled when he stopped," I won't lie and say that I didn't overreact, but I like you, no, I love you, and the thought of losing you made my heart drop." My tongue felt heavy in my mouth, being this vulnerable has never been easy.

Elian was quiet for a few seconds and I turned my head to look at the window, the afternoon wind was blowing the material away from the gap and it made a way for the cool air to blow into the very stuffy room.

I crinkled my nose when my brain registered the potent stench of disinfectant again. The beige satin once again laid against the wall, another window lined the other side of the wall too. A few medical cots lay forgotten and pristine, waiting for another injured individual to take sanctuary on them again.

"I won't do it again, I mean it, Kai. And about what I said, about needing space. I didn't mean it, not one bit. I just--- I just needed to clear my head and my mouth rambled before I could think of anything." he whispered after thinking his answer through.

I pulled my eyes away from the environment and looked back down at him again," You're forgiven, and I love you vampy. "I said nuzzling his cheek with my nose.

He sighed through his nose and chuckled, pushing his upper body away from mine to get a better look at my face.

" Thank you, baby, and you're forgiven too. For running from me, but don't ever do that shit again. "he said suddenly really serious, I laughed," I'm serious why are you laughing, huh?" he asked nosing my throat.

It tickled and I sighed, my body sang from having him so close again. Those few hours were a living hell without him.

He came away from my throat and stroked my cheekbone softly, I hooked my hand around his nape and pulled his head closer to my own. He slowly closed the space between our lips and kissed me gently.

After a few seconds, it grew fast and hard, an exchange of push and pull full of teeth and spit. I pulled his bottom lip in between my own and sucked lightly. He groaned and placed his cold hands against my throat, hungrily kissing me back.

I pulled away, we were both panting and I looked up at him, he unknowingly shifted on top of me while we kissed. My thighs were parted and I glanced down only to burst out laughing at what I saw.

"I only kissed you and you're already this hard for me?" I mused with a wolfish smirk on my face. Pink tongue peeking out between my wetted lips.

He scowled and adjusted his sweats, "What? You're incredibly sexy and I missed you. And besides it's a normal bodily function thank you very much."

I only looked at his still scowling face and sighed I think I should tell him, he's the most important person in my life.

"My dad, he had a male mate and a daughter. Which I'm ninety percent sure of that he doesn't know about." I said, dropping the bomb on him too.

His eyes went from little slits to saucers instantly, his neck snapped towards me and he sat back on his hinges, still resting on my thighs.

"What?! Are you serious, because if you're joking this isn't funny." he proclaimed, eyebrows creasing.

Shaking my head I went to sit up myself, trying to let my body language also speak for itself.

"No, he isn't joking. I wish he were, but he isn't. Unfortunately." A male voice said from the entrance of the infirmary.

Both of our heads turned toward the sudden sound of Sloan's voice. Elian immediately went rigid, like someone has splashed him with ice-cold water.

"Who are you?... You're the guy that brought Kai here aren't you?" Elian asked getting off of the cot fully.

His weight creaks the springs in the medical cot. Sloan slowly approached us, he's dressed differently from this morning. Probably the result of a shower, or two. He had on a simple forest green shirt with a loose pair of shorts, paired with white socks and cheap slippers.

"Elian, this is Sloan. He saved my life, so please don't be so hostile." I whispered gently running my fingers over his exposed arm.

His back was now facing me, so I couldn't make out his expression. But he did relax a little at least.

Eyeing him from the side, I answered for Elian, "He was my father's mate, but, like you've realized they aren't mated anymore."

Elian didn't let up on his one-sided staring match with Sloan, I could feel his hesitancy through the link. I only sighed and looked back at Sloan.

"So, you're saying we'll have a nice long chat with your father."

I looked at Elian, he turned towards me straining his shirt-covered torso. Tearing them away I looked at Sloan again.

"Yes, yes we are," I replied with full confidence.