Chapter Five

Will insisted walking me all the way back to my room. He acted as if it were more then a five foot difference from his room.

"Besides," He argued. "Anyone who walks with me gets a better nights sleep. And judging by the way you slept through more then half of yesterday, you could use the sleep."
I rolled my eyes and stood by my door.

"What are you going to put as your design?" He asked. "I've got a batman symbol. Maybe you could have superman, because of the whole Superman vs. Batman movie coming out soon."

I looked at his door and there was a Batman symbol the size of Wills ego (I'm surprised it fit on the door) right above the sign that held the room name.
"I do like superman. And you seem to love that bat guy. Isn't he only cool and famous because he's rich?" I asked.

"No!" He said as if he were genuinely offended. Then he seemed to think it over. "Kind of. None of it would've been really possible without his money when you think about it. But a lot of people are rich and they never made an awesome suit to save the world from bad guys."

"There's Tony Stark." I said.

"Well, yeah but-"

"And I guess Spiderman is considered one too, kind of, because he wasn't rich at all. And he didn't have to use his power to fight bad guys."

"But he got bit by a spider. A special spider that transformed him."

"Ok, maybe he doesn't count. But there's still Tony stark and he had a computer made by him named Jarvis who did a bunch of cool things and he had lasers so don't pull the 'But he has a butler' on me. Tony Stark turned a weakness that could have killed him in to something amazing."

"Whatever. Batman is still better."
I rolled my eyes.

"Well, G'night." He said. He looked at me. Smiled. "I like you."

I raised my eyebrows, about to reply, that that was a bold statement, but all of a sudden he stepped forward and he scooped up my hand from my side. His hand was warm, strong. It sent a weird sort of shock wave through me.
He examined my hand closley, as if he were searching for something specific, he held my hand close to his face, looking over a birth mark on my wrist.

"Has this been here your whole life?" He finally said, intrigued.
"Uh, yeah. As far as I remember it has been. Why?"

He shrugged. "No reason." He dropped my hand, clearly thinking of something specific that seemed to low key scare him.

He turned to leave, to his room.
"Oh," He turned back towards me. "Avery stopped by but you were still sleeping. She wanted me to tell you that tomorrow her and I are training you."

"Training me what?" I asked quietly, running my hand through my red hair.

"I'm training you how to defend yourself and Avery is teaching you how to use your Flair." He said and turned back towards his room.

"Wait, I have to learn how to fight? Why? And why are you teaching me?"

"There are always two sides to everything, Emma. Including the world of the Gifted people. We are in the middle of a war. A civil war, almost. And I am being forced to train you because we live in the same rooms."

"What are we fighting about?" I continued to ask questions and Will looked irritated.

"Its past midnight, women! Let me sleep!"

I raised my eyebrows.

Will gave an exasperated sigh. "Our side is fighting to keep the information about the gifted away from the Mainstreams. The others think they are better then them. They want to be in charge of pretty much all the normal people. They want complete control. They think they have the right to be in charge of the MS' and want to be on top of them, like how white people used to be on top of colored people. And we are stopping it. Make sense?"