Chapter Fifteen

A stinging pain woke me up. Right on my cheek. My head was screaming. I must've landed on it. I could hear gun shots and growls in the background. Someone was yelling at me to wake up.

I shot up.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Peter said.

"What-" I started.

"You need to teleport us out of here." He said.

"I can do it, too." The girl said. Olivia, I was guessing.

"I know. I know you can. But this one is more experienced. Plus you don't know where we're going." Peter said.
I tried finding teleportation and teleporting out, but something kept me.

"I can't." I said.
"There's a border. Nothing will work if you try to cross it. No teleportation, no telekinesis across it, no reading someone's mind behind it." Peter said.

"Oh. So we have to cross the border." I sighed. "This day just got a whole lot more fun."

"Didn't it?" Peter said, one of the rare smiles appearing on his face.

"Alright. So, we go in one direction until we can get out of here. Where is Xavier and why is there a floating man behind me?" I said as I stood up. The man seemed to be knocked out. He was wearing one of those lab coats and had glasses that looked like the guy might call them spectacles instead.

"That's a docter here." Olivia said. "He knows a lot about this serum. Apperently he put it in me. It's slowly wearing off, but I can still tell it's working. It takes away your Gift." She said. "Dad told me a lot about it."

She had black hair, and caramel colored skin. Her green eyes looked identical to her dads. She was probably my age, maybe a little older. But she looked so vulnerable. So young.

"I know what it does." I said. "The serum is also in the bullets so don't get shot. Where's Xavier?" I rubbed my thigh and a twinge of pain erupted. I was surprised it didn't break open again after I had healed it at the institute.

"Good advice." Peter muttered before answering, "Xavier is the one making that roaring sound out there. He decided a dinosaur was a good idea."
As if on cue, a loud roar erupted. It was quickly cut off. I looked around the corner of a large hole in the wall. I faintly wondered where it came from. It was, after all a five foot thick cement wall. Something must've rammed through it or blown it open, although I found a bomb unlikely.
Just as I poked my head around the corner, Xavier rammed in to me.
He put his hands on my shoulders, as if I was falling from the impact and he was steadying me. He gave a grim smile.

"There's more coming. Let's get out of here." He said. "We have to hurry."
"We can't teleport anywhere. There's a Lock." Peter said. We have to get out of this place, but we need to get out of this room first. Find out where the end is."

"Great." Xavier sighed. "Let's go."
We all stood up, new girl included, and slowly crept out of the room, turning the corner slowly. I used telekinesis to grab three loose guns sitting around and put one in Olivias hand, one in Peters and one in the back of my waist band. I knew Peter would turn in to a bug or a rhino or something, so he wouldn't really need it.

"Just in case." I said.
We could hear shouting coming from down the hall so we went the opposite direction.

It didn't take long for us to run in to guards. They were wandering down the hall lazily, about fifteen of them. When they saw us, they immidiantly had there guns poised in the air, ready to shoot us at any second, at any sign of movement.

I smiled.
One man on the right flung in to another, toppling the one next to him. Three down. Olivia shot another in the leg, and I flung him down the hall, hitting his head against the wall.
The other men opened fire, but not before one screamed, "Stop! You'll kill the girl! Lower your weapons!"