Chapter Fourteen

"So, what did he want to know about?" Aiden asked for the fifteenth time.

"They both want me to locate their long lost kids." I took a bite of my grilled cheese. "Like I've said a million times."

He looked befuddled. "And you agreed?"

I huffed in annoyance as I chewed the cheesy goodness and looked around the cafeteria. There were only a few people left from lunch, it was past time for it to be closed down, the lunch lady was annoyed and I wanted to find Gwen. I wanted to thank her and then politly (or not politly depending on how it goes) ask her not to tell anyone who my father is or who my mother is. And that I would be eternally grateful.

But I couldn't find her. Her glowing eyes weren't in sight. But Jackson was. And he saw me.

Aiden and I were sitting alone. Avery and Will... I don't know where they are. They said they both wanted more tater tots, but haven't returned. I'm afraid to go look for them, quite honestly.

Jackson slowly got up from his seat. The other three girls and two guys looked up and Jackson seemed to give a quick explanation. All six of their heads glance my way. I smiled and waved with my eyes suggesting something. One guy waved back, then another girl slapped him over the head, getting a giggle from me.

Jackson sauntered his way over to our table. Aidens back was to him, so when he spoke, Aiden got a little frightened. He had just woken up after all. His senses were probably groggy.

"It's the new girl." He said. "How did they end up letting you in?" He leaned his hands on our table. He flicked his blond hair out of his eyes.

"Through the front door." I smirked at my lame comeback. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to welcome you." He said it in that stupid British accent that made me get excited. He gave a lopsided playful grin.

"Who are you?" Aiden asked. He looked at Jackson in disgust, which Jackson ignored completely.

"I thought we got off on the wrong foot. So, I wanted to start over. I'm Jackson." He held out his hand. I shook it and gave him a dazzling smile that made me feel like my dad when he had business meetings and he greeted them with that plastic grin.
His fingers lingered a little to long. He didn't let go right away. Aiden probably would've seen right through him if he wasn't so tired and so focused on his tater tot that now was cut in half and had a face and fake ketchup blood and everything.

"Hey." I looked up and saw Will coming towards us, he had a tator tot in his hair and a huge tower of tater tots on his plate. I let my hand fall away from Jackson's when Wills eyes landed on it. Will sat right next to me, setting the tray down. He wrapped an arm around my waist, barely sparing a glance at Jackson before offering me a tatertot. I was so suprised at his arm around my waist, pulling me so close to him. Although there was an immense amount of embarrassment for me afterwards, while Will just looked smug as he popped a tater tot in his mouth while introducing himself to my new friend Jackson.

"Hi, I'm Will, and you are gone." Will said with a cheap smile. "Bye bye!" He waved and Jackson turned around to leave.

"What the hell was that all about?" I turned on Will.

"I could see the cry for help in your eyes. Want a tater tot?" He tilted the tray towards me and I gratefully took one.

"And so you act like you own me?" I laugh. "What am I, your girlfriend?" My stomach flipped at the idea of it. And in a good way.

It was a joke, but no one seemed to notice. Avery sat down across from us with her own plate of tater tots. Aiden immidiantly stole one.

"What took you guys so long?" I asked, picking at the last of my grilled cheese.