Chapter Eight

"We'll have to force her." I said "I don't know what Rownan wants so bad with her, but we have to take her. For my dad. I can't leave him."

"I know. But how?" Will said. He shut my bedroom door and sat on my bed, right next to me.

I took his hand in mine and gripped it. I don't remember how the whole hand holding thing began, but it always leveled me back to Earth and I appreciated it. "Maybe you could teleport her there. Or I could."

Will shrugged. "That's not a bad idea. But then we might need to get some more help to get everyone there." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Or we could just go there earlier in the day. It will give us a chance to scope out the land and figure stuff out."
"Ok. That sounds good. Except someone will still have to bring Tessa later."

"I'll do it. I'm stronger then her. And she's not my mom, so that might help." He said. "Of course, it might also makes things worse. She can kill me."

I laughed but not wholeheartedly. I tried to pass it off as being tired or the dream when Will asked, but he pressed me.

"What do you think is wrong, Will?" I answered. "A little under two weeks ago, my life was a whole lot different. I was normal. I had a dad, a home, friends. I had a school that didn't have freaks in it like me." But, I thought. Being called a freak is a compliment, right? The optimist part of me that I've rarely seen in the passed two weeks showed itself.
It was true, though. Being a freak could be a compliment. And I've been told I'm a double freak so I'm like, famous or whatever. But there are also the rumors about me and people stared at me a lot. That's one reason why I have limited friends. And one of them might be a ten year old little boy who has zapped me with lightning by accident, and would've killed me had I not been special, and his big brother who I only know because he heard me talking to Zig about going to the beach and wanted to come along.

Happy thoughts, I told myself. If you or Will is about to be captured, killed or worse, think happy thoughts.

"My life is falling apart." I said, taking taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, kind of." Will said. I glared at him, but he continued. "But there's also pieces of glue and tape surrounding you, keeping you in just a couple pieces, not millions. I'm here," He said sarcastically, yet seriously. "So that's a big plus for you, and Avery is still here. And Aiden is here. And he's turned out to be a pretty cool dude. Even Luck likes him. That's pretty hard to have happen. Luck doesn't just like anybody."

"He likes me." I said, as if I was trying to prove a point.

"What's not to like about you?" He said, taking my hand in his, which had fallen out at one point.

"Good point." I said. "I am pretty amazing."

"Don't get to cocky, little-"
I'm pretty sure Will was about to use one of those sarcastic insults that make me laugh so hard it hurts, but Avery rammed through the door, probably braking the hinges. Aiden was standing behind her, looking awkward and apologizing for something by the looks of his face.

"Where the hell did you guys go!" Avery yells. "We got a little worried, you going missing and everything!"

"We talked to Tessa." Will said. He looked back at me, as if for permission and I nod.

Will retells the whole story, my vision, my near drowning experience, and Wills heroic bravery of pulling me from the water, battling water monsters, snakes and sharks to get there, and how we tried to persuade Tessa but failed. And how we have to kidnap her now.

"Wait, so a semi normal meeting has turned to a kidnapping? Are you serious?" Avery says.

"Yes. We should probably talk about a gameplan, scratch the old one, because this just got complicated. What we have to do. What should happen. Everything. Avery, could you get Zig and Daniel? And Will, teleport to Luck. I still don't trust myself to teleport someone or myself through walls."
"Sure." They both said at the same time. Will vanished and Avery ran out the door.
I got up to put on a shirt as Aiden spoke. Once I'm inside the closet, I close the closet door so only a crack was left.