~ 8 ~ Old Friends ~

~ Crimson ~

Kaveh was now seated, buckling his seat belt in the back of Al Haithams car. The silver haired man seated next to him, took to his phone.

Both men formally dressed, now sat in silence. What was there to talk about? Kaveh was sure whatever it was would end in an argument, however the blondes thoughts were interrupted by a baritone voice.

"So whats your plan for tonight Kaveh?"

Kaveh didn't think that far.

"Uhm, just, be pleasant, have dinner, a few drinks.. wait until you want to go home?" Kaveh said, looking away from the man, instead, crimson eyes looked toward the horizon, where shades of orange painted into an inky black sky dotting with stars as the sun disappeared.

Al Haitham sighed.

"And what will you do if they ask you where you work? What you've been doing these past three years?" The man said, crossing his legs and looking to the blonde, face blank, unchanging.

"Uh. I'll walk away and buy them drinks." Kaveh mumbled, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"With what money?" Al Haithams brow raised, looking at Kaveh out the corner of his eye.

"Stop making it difficult Al Haitham! Can't you just.. bring up how successful you are with your career or something.. do we even have to talk about that!?" Kavehs face turned red, "Yknow what I'm just not going to talk at all tonight. I'll say hello and thats it."

Al Haitham diverted his gaze.

"Fine, but I'm sure you won't be able to hold your tounge."

~

As they arrived at their destination, they arrived at a nice restaurant, nothing awfully fancy but not too cheap either. Infact, Kaveh had memories of this place.

They were foggy, after all its hard to remember things after years of constant substance abuse.

The backdoor on the car opened, and Kaveh stepped out, Al Haitham walking around to meet Kaveh on the sidewalk.

The blonde looked around, so many nucely dressed people, the street was alive, people having fun, enjoying themselves. Kaveh hadn't been surrounded by such an atmosphere in so long, he felt warm, it felt, nice.

Suddenly the blonde felt a hand grab his own, grabbing and pulling him. Kaveh gasped, following the arm to see who it was attached to.

Al Haitham.

"Come on, we'll be late if you keep just looking around." The man said, tugging him in closer, he walked with the blonde grip on his hand, tight, warm, unlike Kavehs hands that were starting to become cold.

'Bastard said it wasn't going to be cold..'

Kavehs eyes darted back a forth, looking to Al Haithams hand, he felt his heart race, it had been far too long it seems. Since he felt..

Happy.

Al Haitham stopped at the door, letting go of Kavehs hand to pull his phone from his pocket, checking messages it seemed, before talking to the host.

"Good evening! Have you got a reservation?" The dark haired man said, his smile enough to make Kaveh feel better, admittedly being nervous around so many people.

Now that he thought about it, so many eyes were on him, and Al Haitham, was it because they were holding hands? Was it because they knew Kaveh from..

The blonde looked to the floor, far too scared to look forward and see the eyes prying into him.