~ 11 ~ Happier Than Ever ~ (!) ~

~ Crimson ~

The world fell quiet. Peaceful. 

Looking around, all Kaveh could see was darkness, suspended in darkness, his body floated, he felt relief, the pain in his body was gone, where was he? 

"Kaveh.." 

A gentle female voice came from behind him, turning he looked to be met with a blinding golden light, shielding his eyes the blonde took to his feet, looking around for solid ground in the dark void. once found, he walked toward it, eyes slowly adjusting, he squinted. 

"Hello?" he called out to the void. looking around for an answer, as he got closer to the light, he saw it was a door, surely the answer would be beyond it. 

"Is anyone there?" he asked the light, walking into the rectangle of light, suddenly everything went white. 

Kaveh opened his eyes, looking around, eyes met with a beautiful field of flowers, roses, wind slowly blowing the knee high grass over the hills, that seemed to wander into forever. The horizon was painted blue, with the odd cloud decorating the blank royal canvas. Looking down the blonde was met with a singular tree in the distance, a figure off in the distance. 

"Hey!" he called out, starting to walk toward the tree, gaining speed as he ran down the hill. As the figure came into focus, the blonde eyes lit up, seeing the beautiful blonde braid, green frilled dress, the one that his mother always wore. 

"Mum? Mum! Mum!!" he yelled, his lips forming a beautiful smile, running toward her he reached out his arms, engulfing the figure in a warm embrace. The woman gasped, turning around she was met with her son, the beautiful boy she hadn't seen in years.

"Kaveh! Kaveh what are you doing here-" she said, eyes looking down, expression softening when she saw how he grabbed onto her. Kaveh breathed in deeply, feeling his mothers arms grip his body- his eyes welled with tears, it wasn't long before he burst into uncontrolled sobs. 

"Mum.. Mum I missed you so much, Mum.." Kaveh gasped into her chest. 

"Darling? What's wrong?" she asked, holding her son close, running delicate fingers through blonde locks, Kaveh sobbed into her chest, wetting the green frilled dress with tears. 

"I'm s-sorry- It's all- m-my fault y-you're g-one, it's all m-my fault d-dad died- I'm sorry I could- Could never bring you the joy he did-" Kaveh bawled, legs shaking as he gripped onto the woman as if his life depended on it. "I'm.. so sorry- I'm so-sorry I was- n-never enough-" he sobbed. Kaveh cried, his body trembling in her arms, head thumping, eyes sore, tears now soaking her chest, his cheeks. 

"Kaveh.. sweetheart... don't ever blame yourself for what happened- it's all in the past now, whatever happens, you will always be my little lion." The woman whispered, lifting his chin so their eyes met, kissing his nose, the other hand brushing his bangs away from his face. 

"Mum... Mum... please come home.. I'm so lost.. I.. I can't do this anymore-" Kaveh said, choking on his own breath. The woman put a finger to his lips, smiling softly.

"It's alright my little lion, you have always been more than mature for your age... you'll figure it out, okay?" she smiled, pushing his bangs back and planting a loving kiss on his forehead.

KAVEH

The blonde heard a deep, distant voice. Standing upright he looked back to see where it had come from, turning back he saw his mother was now dissipating, stepping away from him before falling back into flowers. 

"MUM! NO- NO NO PLEASE- DON'T GO PLEASE- I NEED YOU-" The blonde fell to his knees, tears pouring from his eyes as he tore away the flowers from where his mother had fallen, wiping away the water from his eyes and tearing at the ground till it was bare.