~ 17 ~ Heaven ~

~~~

Coming home from work was now Al Haithams favorite part of his day.

The past two months had been. admittedly the best of his life so far. Coming home before meant he would enter,  a cold dark house, flicking the lights on, kicking off his shoes, sitting in silence and loosing himself in the pages of a novel, with a glass of wine after dinner. 

Now? The house was warm, lights were on, the second Kaveh heard the keys in the door he would run and great the other in some way,  a hug, a helping hand with his coat- stories of his day at home, or if Al Haitham was lucky- a kiss.  

Kaveh had gotten better, his mental state had drastically improved over that time- He was more positive now, drawing all the time, his art quality only improving. Not to mention his recent employment at a building company- as a simple receptionist for the time being. But Al Haitham couldn't be prouder. 

Tonight however, Al Haitham had something special planned.

Getting home tonight was no different, hearing fastened footsteps on the floor as soon as his keys entered the lock, he opened the door to see Kaveh, standing in his pjs before him, looking rather excited. 

"Guess what."

"What?" Al Haitham responded, entering the doorway and putting his jacket on the cloak rack that had been nailed to the wall. Kaveh smiled and offered Al Haitham a hand with his bag, putting it on the table before facing Al Haitham and taking a deep breath in. 

"They looked at my resume at work- and offered me a chance to reapply as a designer." Kaveh said, he was practically shaking with excitement, his body buzzing with the news- Al Haitham looked at him in surprise, before a gentle smile come to his lips. 

"About time they realized what talent they had behind that desk." He responded, looking at Kaveh and gently brushing his hair away from his eyes. Kaveh looked at the man before him, smirking and puffing out his chest in a way. 

"Right!" Kaveh smiled, turning on his heel and walking back down the corridor. Al Haitham chuckled and followed, following his footsteps before leaning on the doorframe. Looking around, he spotted the easel he had gotten Kaveh, sitting by the window- with a new piece of art pinned to the surface. A simple drawing really- a view out what was beyond the window, the horizon, coloured with gentle water colours. Eyes then went back to Kaveh, who was humming happily whilst making himself a coffee. 

"I hope you're not planning on working on anything tonight." Al Haitham said sternly. "You stayed up all night yesterday and then slept for four hours before continuing." 

"Well! I was behind on.. stuff." Kaveh responded, huffing and turning away. 

"No matter, we're going out for dinner tonight." Al Haitham stated, turning on his heel and walking to his room. 

Kaveh raised a brow, following his path before leaning on the doorframe. "Why?" he asked simply, folding his arms and putting his head on the door. 

"To celebrate, why else?" Al Haitham responded, looking through his wardrobe for a change of outfit. Kaveh hummed in thought, before turning around and walking to his room, calling down the hallway. 

"Alright but it better not be expensive!" Kaveh called out. 

Al Haitham shook his head humming gently as his perused potential outfits. 

---

Some time later Al Haitham had finally gotten ready, it was roughly seven by then. Sporting a black pinstripe button up that had rolled up at the sleeves to the elbow, a dark grey suit vest covered his torso. Grey suit pants to match with varying silver and green jewellery as an accent. To top the look off- black glossy suit shoes and a light grey tail coat with emerald green plaid on the interior.