Chapter 9

Hey! I have a habit of starting the chapters of some stories with reflective texts, poems, or songs that already leave my reader acclimated with what will happen in the chapter. I've never done this in any of the boys' stories, so I'll ask for your excuse today... it's a little story.

In 2009, I was 17 years old and graduating from school. I have an illness that causes me chronic pain all over my body. At 17, I was at the height of my pain and depression. I was 17 and terrified. For the first time in my life, I was aware that I was in love with a woman, and I desperately wanted not to be. That's when I met Glee... and in an inexplicable way, I gradually found myself, lost myself, loved myself... I gained friends that I carry in my life until today, I fell in love with incredible women, and I traveled to places... all because of a series about a bunch of teenagers singing. Strange? I know.

Ten years ago, on Saturday, July 13th, I woke up to find my phone full of messages. Cory had died and my little safe place was crumbling. You see... I'm a Faberry shipper, but I loved Cory with all my heart. I remember crying a lot that day... So, three years ago, on Wednesday, July 8th, I was helping a friend transcribe some documents from the Portuguese court from the 15th century when my cell phone rang. It was a friend asking me what was the problem with the actors of Glee. I didn't get it, and another friend texted me at about the same time, "Josey was found on a boat and Naya is missing." My heart stopped. My first thought was that she wouldn't have committed suicide in front of the boy. No, she loved that boy. I cried for the first time that night. I have a habit of listening to music in the shower. I remember that it was a very cold winter, and in the middle of the afternoon, the temperature already reached 13º (yes, that is very cold for someone who lives in a tropical country with temperatures normally close to 40º). I forced myself to get out of my stupor and take a shower. I turned on the phone and put a playlist of 700 songs on random, and the first song played was "Fuckin Perfect" – the Glee version. The song Kurt and Blaine sing to Santana when she's outed. I sobbed for the first time that day. I remember a friend saying, "they'll find her," and I replied, "they will find her on the 13th." I started to have a love-hate relationship with the days between the 8th and the 13th of July. I stopped listening to many songs that I loved simply because I couldn't anymore.

Mourning for two people I never met but who managed to change my world. Helping me without even knowing... how crazy is that? A lot of that part of the story revolves around mourning, mourning those who have died, and mourning those who still live. The curious part of mourning is that it passes, without you realizing it... life goes on, the world turns, and everything continues. But sometimes, on days like today, the pain hits you, and you lose your breath a little bit, so you try to remember the good times. Right?? It's how I want to remember them today... Cory's sweet and always playful smile and the way Naya was always ready to defend the ones she loved.

In five hundred twenty-five thousand

Six hundred minutes

How do you measure

A year in the life?

How about love?

Measure in love

Seasons of love

Mrs. Lewis stood in front of the theater watching the man and woman who emerged from the car. They were still wearing funeral attire. The woman looked worn out, as if she hadn't slept or eaten in days. The man was furious.

"She's here and she's safe," Mrs. Lewis raised her hands.

"Here? She's safe here?" The man spoke irritably. "We just buried her sister and she disappears with her friends to come here?"