Chapter 14

A/n: It's my birthday, I'm completing my thirty-first lap around the sun(09/12). Jesus Christ, I feel old and have gray hair (but I've had that since I was 16, genetics are a blessing). As always, it's my birthday and the gift is yours, three chapters today starting with I Choose You, moving on to Seasons, and ending with Alpha. Give me some love. Ah! Bruce went on the treadmill in the water today and pushed his back legs a little! He even shook his tail without encouraging him to do it.

Seasons - Winter Winds

Mitch swept the floor and felt his nose itch. He was going to need much more than a broom to deal with that dust. Nate was carrying out the boxes and taking them to Mike's pickup truck. Mitch stood quietly, staring at the floor, thinking that he might need a vacuum cleaner to help with the sweeping. And a cloth. Yes, he definitely needed lots of cloths.

"Hey..." Nate paused at the top of the stairs. "Need me to grab something?"

"Can you take me to my parents' house?" Mitch left the broom on the floor. "I'll need to get my mom's vacuum cleaner."

"Sure thing, I'll drop you off there and then swing by the store to pick up some stuff to check the pipes; the water won't be turned on until tomorrow."

"Okay." They started down the stairs.

"Have you decided what color you want to paint the walls? We can buy some paint."

Mitch saw him lock the door and got distracted for a moment.

"No, I haven't thought about it yet."

They got into the car, and Mitch looked at Nate for a very long time, which made the cop look at him confused.

"Okay, what's the problem?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I swear I'm not trying to sexually harass you."

"But what if I ask you to use the handcuffs?" Mitch innocently joked.

Nate shook his head without answering. They fell silent until Nate took a deep breath.

"Uh... I heard about Scott's statement..." he began slowly, noticing Mitch stiffen in the car seat. "How is he?"

"I don't know." Mitch replied dryly, looking out the window.

Nate glanced at him and sighed.

"Okay..." he murmured.

Nate parked at the garage entrance, and they got out. Mitch opened the door to the house and heard his mom cursing in the kitchen.

"Nel?" He called out.

"Mitch. Help." He heard the shouts and ran, with Nate following closely behind. They entered the kitchen and saw Nel struggling with the faucet, which was spraying water everywhere.

"Quick, turn off the water." Nate ordered, rushing to Nel and trying not to slip on the water. He grabbed some cloths and applied pressure to the faucet, while Mitch stood still, unsure of where he could shut off the water in the house. Nel then took over the task. In a few seconds, the faucet had stopped spewing water.

Nate stepped back with his shirt soaked and looked at Nel.

"I don't know what happened, it just... shook, made a loud noise, and started spraying water everywhere." She shrugged, looking at him. "Oh my God, you're soaked, dear. Let me get a towel for you."

The cop peeled off his shirt, pulling it away from his body, and looked at Mitch.

"Mind?" He made a motion as if to take off the shirt.

"Are you really asking me if I mind seeing you shirtless?" Mitch flirted jokingly and saw the man shake his head again.

He took off his shirt and wrung it out in the sink to remove the excess water. Mitch tilted his head and tried to behave when Nel returned to the kitchen.