chapter 1

" hey were is the truck ?" Sam questioned as she walked up the stairs to the communal area. The girl was greater with the warm faces of the 118.
"I don't know " bobby answered and almost like it was summoned the truck pulled in. Buck emerged out of the truck before racing upstairs for food. He stuck is finger in to the fresh pasta "wash your hands we don't know we're they have been" hen replayed rapidly moving the food away.
"What is there was a call?" Bobby said as he move to stand next to buck.
" I was in the neighbourhood I was getting it washed" he said trying to defend himself.
" They charge you extra for the full detail" Sam said causing a laughter to erupt.
" Look I like you your a good firefighter I know we got this thing you call me 'pops' and I give you a hard time for being a dumb kid we went to a Springsteen consort together but this is not a family this is not a club house so I am writing you up" he said as the blonds smile dropped.
" Come on Bobby see the fire pit out the fire the rest is blah blah " he pleaded
" No the rules are not arbitrarily first infraction tow more and your out" we all sat there in shock Bobby had never been this easy on a new recruit before. " And wash your hands" he said before walking away.

" Your not helping by going easy on him" Chim said.
" He just needs a little direction" Bobby defended
"I will remind you of that when he gets you killed" Sam said as she placed the food on her plate. Just as they were all sorted and ready to eat the bell rang.  They quickly shoved some food in before rushing to the truck.

They had arrived to a call were a man here's a baby crying in his wall. They took the lift to the 4 flour." I can't hear anything" Bobby said to the man who placed to call.
" Look I am telling you I heard a baby crying" the man turned his attention to Sam and hen who had discovered the man's bong. " I am not high. Sam gave the man a gaze that said she didn't believe him " ok I am pretty high but it's a sativa"
" Could have been a cat they get suck in wall some times" Chim offered as an alternative. The crew herd a faint wimpier
" Did you hear that?" Sam spoke in a hushed tone. Bobby placed the stethoscope up the the bathroom wall to see if he could hear anything. Chim reached in the his bag tossing a pen to Bobby so he could mark out were the infant was stuck. " Ok we are opening it up"
" No we are being punked" Chim said in disbelief.
" No maybe a mother gave birth " hen stared
" And the mother flushed it down the toilet" Sam finished
" First that is awful and do you not know how a toilet pipe works there is a price of pipe that takes the waist from the toilet to ..." He was cut off by Bobby before he could finish.
" If this is a premature baby bones could bend and compressed we need to go in"
" Stand back " buck said as he went to swing and axe at the wall without a second thought
" Did you even stop to consider you may hit a baby" Bobby said as he took the axe out of the man's hands. " Sam buck go get the saw"
" On it cap" the girl respond while dashing off.
" That was stupid you know " she said waiting for him to pull the saw out before they head back up.
" I know I just..."
" Wort thinking " she cut him off " it ok you will get used to thinking on your feet" she gave him a reassuring pat before heading back up.

Sam and hen stood back watching the boys rip apart the wall waiting to see what equipment they may need.  Hen rushes off leaving Sam with the medical kits. Hen has realised if someone was to  flush the toilet above they could drown the kid. The water sprayed as they cut the pipe. They used the lube form the defibrillator to help easy the baby out. Sam and Chim stood at the top of the pipe while Bobby pushed from underneath. Hen ran to make sure the ambulance was prepared to transport. The baby looked all most doll like as it layed there motionless  . Bobby began CPR as buck rushed to get suction witch did not work. Without a second thought Sam used her pinky finger to scope the blockage out of the little one. The baby began to cry as we rushed out to the elevator.
" Nobody held the elevator?" Bobby questioned
" Guess not" Sam replied.
" Sorry cap" Chim said rushing In front.
" Give her to me I am twice as fast" buck said holding his arms out.
Bobby looked around for other options
" His right" Sam said a Bobby handed the kids over before buck rushed off.

When they reached the ambulance Bobby took the girl placing her on the bed as Sam stared a line and Chim began to examine her.

" I am so sorry " the girl began to cry without a work Bobby took the young girls hand and placed it in her daughters grasp.  As they arrived buck went to rush in after the kid. " Were are you going?"
" Don't we have some obligation"
" I will call we be luck to know if she is ok"
Sam couldn't help but watch buck the whole time the true panic and concern he had for the kid made her believe that maybe he will be a good addition to the team after all.

" he has potential he just need to get out of his own way"                                                          " what do you man?" Eddie questioned her,  
" like today he was wrote up because he took the truck out to sleep with a girl its like he is trying to sabotage his self"                       " yeah that not a great fist impression "          " I guess not"                                                          " Dad" Sam could here Chris shout from the other room.                                                            "Chris wants me go to go"                               
" Ok tell him I said hi"                                           "Will do bye"                                                            "Bye" Sam's hang up returning in to the station.

"What's up with him?" Sam asked hen as they watched buck sombrely pack his stuff.
"Bobby fired him"
"Fuck is he ok"
" I don't know" hen and Sam stood in the door away of the locker room.
"You heard?" Buck said breaking the silence .
"Yeah" Sam said sitting to the left of him.
"For what it's worth everyone thinks is sucks" hen said sitting to the right of him.
"It's my own fault"
"Yeah" hen said with a sigh
"Everyone thinks that to" Sam said with a small chuckle.
"I will be honest when Bobby first hired you we said he should have got a Dalmatian instead"
"But we are sorry to see you go" Sam said placing a reassurance hand on his shoulder "you got skill"
Just then the alarm when off.
"Hey though break kid " Chim said running pass the door.
"Hen Sam let's go" Bobby said. All buck could do was sit there and watch in pain as the truck pulled away.

While on call hen resolved a strange call from Athena asking for a truck. It wasn't till they got back they found out what happened. Turns out buck helped save a little girl from a break in. Bobby stood waiting for but to return as Sam and neh stood behind him waiting to see what will happen.
"I know what it looks like" buck said leaving the trucks
"Looks like you went out in your street clothes"
"I didn't have time to change"
"Athena grant called wanted to tell me what an asset you are I told her she was half right"
"Your giving me another chance"buck said with just a shred of hope.
"You used all your chances , but so have I because some how I forgot to communicate to you how lucky you are to do what you do " Bobby finished as he began to walk away
"Bobby your wrong I know what a privilege it is to work here and you were right to fire me I was a punk I still am but I am a punk who understands what he lost i just needed to know " buck said with a sigh of defeat "I hope you mean it go get changed " Bobby said as he left the group by the lockers.
"I think I am not fired" buck said with a smile.
"Don't get a head of your self"
" Shifts not over yet" Sam could help but smile at how excited he was. Maybe there was hope for him yet.