chapter 2

" we came in at the wrong angel your going to have to climb up and wait while we move the truck."Bobby said as he beefed buck on the situation.
"He'll year dare devil hero stuff is what I signed up for"
The 118 had arrived on a horrendous scene one man had fallen of a roller coaster and the other was dangling from the top.
" That why I don't go on rides " Sam said as she was stated down by hen" what" she said before leaning down to work on the man.
"Bobby he's asking about his friend "buck said over the radio as he reached the top.
" Sam it's cap do you copy"
" Copy, what you need"
"How in the kid on the ground "
"He's gone " hen said with a somber expression.
"We lost him"Sam said though the walkie.
"Alright people don't need to see that you know the protocol"
"Copy that" Chim answered as Sam ran to get the back bord and hen got the gurney. She hatted this part of the job but it all part of the job. They managed to successfully get him on a back bord and wheel him away. The 118 all stood there in anticipation watching buck.
"Come on buck come on" Chim said.
The next thing happened in slow motion as they watched the man give up and fall to the ground. Sam Chim and hen jumped in to action but he was already gone.

" I am not hungry " buck said pushing the pate Chim had sat In front of him away.
"This is American eating has nothing to do with being hungry buckaroo" Chim joked trying to lighten to mood
" I was right there all he had to do was reach up"
"People do funny thing like that all the time
" People freeze some times " Sam explained.
" I have never lost anyone before" buck said as the others continued to set the table. "Dose it get easier" he asked looking around for reassurance.
"No" Bobby answered.
"People dying is part of the gig you're probably is you're looking at every job like a long term relationship"
"When it's actually more like a one-night stand" Sam added
" Hey you don't mind I brought some one" hen said as she walked in closely followed by Athena "Athena is going through some stuff at home" the cop was meet with warm smiles and hugs from Chim and Sam .
"We don't normally allow cops to our secret firehouse meetings but I'll make an exception" Bobby joked bring over an extra plate.
" I appreciate it. I'm not sure on you but keeping me from getting shot deserves a second chance" Athena said as she extended her had to buck witch he gladly shock.
"Buck having some trouble letting go of a call" Bobby said as the crew sat down .
" You know why we were uniform"
"Sex appeal ". Sam answer causing the group to laugh.
" So people can identify us" buck answer ignoring Sam's comment.
" Truth but also for our own good because when we take off the uniform at the end of the day it's symbolises letting go of all that sad and crazy we've seen" Athena said hopping to help
" I see him when I close my eyes"
"It will pass" Sam said hopping to offer some comfort that was when the alarm went off" come on" she said patting his shoulder offering a warm smile.

After the call Sam found buck sat alon in the looker room. It sadden her to see the once brave and courageous man how a shell of him self. "Don't alright I know I let the team down" the man said with a sigh as Sam sat next to him " a year ago I put in to be a seal"
"I didn't know you were navy"
" I wasn't you don't have to be navy to be a seal you just have to be a bad ass witch I am" the comment cause a small laugh from the pair "I didn't have any problems with the physical following orders wasn't my beast but I was working on it "
" Why didn't it stick"
" They wanted machines people who could flip the switch in their head and turn off every natural human emotion and I can't I don't want to I love this job because I get to beat the tough guy and still help people"
"Buck" she sighed" when I was in the military "
" You were in the military?" He said cutting the girl off.
" I was a medical officer for 5 years I watched people driven to madness trying to suppress their feelings but we aren't robots with humans who experiences and emotions help us grow stronger"
"Do you remember the first time you lost someone?" He say looking up at her for the first time.
" Of course it was my first year in active duty we will ambushed the guy got shot in the chest he died on the way to the  hospital. blood loss. his name was Jason Scot  even now I sit and think of what I could have done differently how it was my fault he didn't make it home that night "she wiped away the small tear that was forming. She turned to look buck in the eyes offering a warm smile.
"But with that one loss I managed to save so many more it's a good thing you can't put a switch "
"Thank you"
" Anytime " she said as she placed a hand on his shoulder hoping to comfort him

"I mean it was like he was a completely different guy" Sam explained  to Eddie over the phone.
"Sounds like your warming up to him"
" I Guess so he definitely has potential"
"Are you sure it not just because your starting to like him" Eddie teased
"Shut up" she said but maybe he was right I mean today she saw a side she had never saw before a sweet and caring side.