Scent

//Author's POV//

Quick steps sounded as a swift individual paced the halls of the Senju looking for one person and that person only. Right behind followed closely another figure trying to catch up and calm down the fuming man.

"Dara, please slow down," Hashirama pleaded only to fall on deaf ears as Madara continued to pass through halls before stopping at a door and pushing the doors violently. Tobirama looked up from his paperwork only to be punched straight in the jaw before falling out of his chair. Hashirama grabbed a hold of Madara who was more than just fuming. It was pretty evident that he was deeply hurt, but was trying to mask it.

"What the hell did you do to my brother!!" That's what Madara yelled out as he tried to get out of Hashirama's grasp to no avail. Tobirama simply composed himself before standing back up and cleaning the blood off of his lip.

"I didn't do anything to him. Hikari, one of my father's best friend's daughter got into the room he was staying in and attacked him" he said simply before walking past Hashirama who was still struggling to hold Madara down.

"He's awake now if you want to see him, but don't under any circumstances let him out of bed even if he begs. He's on mandatory bedrest," Tobirama stated before stepping out of his office. Madara was still pretty salty as he snatched his hand away from Hashirama and followed close behind. Tobirama could practically feel Madara's eyes boring holes into the back of his head but wasn't interested in fighting with him at the moment, and he was glad they finally made it to the room before opening it and letting the two in. He made slight eye contact with Izuna lying in bed before quickly looking away and walking out. This left the other two to look at Izuna who was wide-eyed.

"Nii-san!!" Izuna hadn't seen his brother in so long, so he was ecstatic to finally be able to see him. Madara walked over to him before engulfing him in a big hug. He too was excited to see his brother but was upset that Tobirama let his brother get hurt.

"Oh Izuna, look at you. I'm sorry I couldn't be here to protect you," Madara said as he sat down at the foot of the bed. Hashirama was hesitant to sit next to the two of them all because of one reason. His eyes were blown wide and had a slight emotion of happiness. Madara frowned at the man and signaled him to sit. Hashirama on the other hand began to wave his hands frantically in opposition. 

"I don't think Tobirama would want me to," he said nervously. Both Izuna and Madara looked at the man as if he was an idiot. Sure, Alphas are possessive and all, but Hashirama and Tobirama were siblings. It didn't seem like it would matter. 

"And why is that," Madara asked feeling a bit irritated. 

"Well. . . It's impolite to sit or have any physical contact with someone who isn't your mate and is in fact pregnant," Hashirama explained nervously. He made direct eye contact with the two men and watched as the ticking time bomb in Madara's head went off. 

"WHAT?!" 

Madara looked over at Izuna who by now had his head lowered; refusing to make eye contact with his brother. Madara's eyes did soften however when he noticed Izuna starting to tear up. 

"I-I'm sorry," Izuna said before bursting into tears. Both Hashirama and Madara were left dumbfounded before Izuna felt a hand gently caress his arm. He looked up and saw a concerned Madara. "Why should you be sorry? If you think I'm mad at you then you're mistaken. Surprised indeed I am, but not mad, Izuna." Izuna wiped his tears and sniffled as he leaned forward to hug Madara. Madara returned the hug and caressed his brother's long black hair. He signaled for Hashirama to leave which the other obliged to and quietly left. 

"I'm such a horrible person, big brother. I didn't protect my baby and look what happened to me," Izuna said as he continued to wipe his tears. Madara pulled away from the hug and began to try and assure Izuna that all would be fine. That his little brother didn't have to worry anymore because Tobirama was there to protect him. Just saying that made Izuna tense at the mention of his husband's name before he looked down at his lap. Izuna knew all too well that Tobirama wasn't going to do anything like that. After all, if it wasn't for his selfishness, Izuna wouldn't be like this in the first place was what the young Uchiha thought. He however didn't want his older brother to know about it so he quickly lifted his head and smiled.