Self-Preservation

//Authors POV//

The battle was on, and the sound of clashing weapons filled the air. Bodies laid left and right as people did all they could to survive. Madara fought roughly, his hands ached, and his arms felt like jelly at some point. To him, it seemed as if the people and reinforcement's continued to come from all over. That however didn't matter to him at the moment. What worried him was Izuna had not sent a messenger bird to give him updates a day ago. He always made sure to send one to him whenever he was free. 

That nagging feeling that something was wrong sent shivers down Madara's spine. Something didn't feel right to him at all. He quickly put his sword back and began to run in the direction of the camp. From far away, Tobirama noticed Madara's frantic behavior. His face morphed into one of amusement as I finished slitting the throat of an enemy before dropping their body. He turned to Hashirama who looked right back at him with a knowing look. Hashirama knew his brother had done something, but he couldn't put his finger on it. 

"Brother, what did you do?" His voice sounded serious with a hint of concern seeping through. Tobirama began walking away but suddenly stopped. He didn't face Hashirama like normally.

"I made sure the Uchiha clan lost one of their heirs, and now, I'll make sure they don't have anyone else to take over Tajima's place." 

A chill ran down Hashirama's spine, and before he could even question or berate his brother, Tobirama was gone. A wave of panic coursed through his body as he ran in the direction that Tobirama and Madara were. Hashirama just had confirmation that Madara's brother was either taken or possibly even killed. Knowing how Madara was, things were bound to get ugly at any moment. He feared for both of their lives and didn't want it to end with him mourning the death of someone he cared for.

.

.

.

Madara looked forward and shoved people aside as he ran. He almost ran through the crowned of people fighting until someone jumped right in front of him. He stopped and stood while glaring at the man. The defiance the Senju's eyes sent Madara on edge no matter how long the Uchiha looked at him. Madara swiftly pulled out his katana and aimed it right at the man. 

"Move and maybe I might spare your life," he said calmly. 

The Senju only smirked and Madara could just assume that there was something he was missing.

"See, that's where you're wrong. We won't spare your life."

A sinister grin appeared on the man's face before two more guys appeared right next to him. They all began to draw their weapons as Madara glared at them. He had to get to his brother's post, but he couldn't risk leading them to Izuna. Aside from his own skill set, Madara began to think and soon found himself activating his Sharingan. Madara never used it unless he felt like things were taking too long or things were getting tricky. Soon the fight began and Madara was not by surprise winning his own battle against the men. One of them however ended up getting behind him and managed to hit his head with a large stone from the ground. Madara was taken by surprise and grabbed the back of his head in pain. Suddenly, one of them ended up kicking him down and keeping him pinned down with his foot. Madara winced and was about to use his fire-style technique, but he was kicked on the side of his head. 

Madara was disorientated. His eyes shut tightly as he tried to concentrate and get the ringing out of his ears. Blood slowly began to drip from the wounds on his head and seep into the earth beneath him. His idea of who planned all of this was reinforced when Tobirama appeared right in from of him. 

"Isn't this a surprise? I get to see Uchiha Madara getting his ass battered up."

Madara could slowly feel the rage build up inside of him. Just the sight of Tobirama pissed him off, but in his position, he couldn't do anything but listen to the Senju's rant about how the Uchiha was a human breed of disappointment and destruction while trying to suffocate Madara with his pheromones. Madara could almost puke at the scent, and his eyes watered almost as if someone had held sandalwood up to his nose. He was gasping for air to try and keep these suppressing pheromones out of his system. Everything began to blur, but he could see the glint of an object being lifted up towards the sky. Madara felt a slight panic build up inside of him and he quickly managed to use any remaining energy and strength before kicking the man away who had him pinned down. He stood up instantly but slightly wobbled and held his head in pain. Tobirama took this as a chance and brought down his Katana and aimed it at Madara before holding it firmly. It all happened so fast to Hashirama who managed to arrive and saw the horrid act that his brother was about to commit. Hashirama couldn't move, however.  It felt so wrong to allow something bad to happen to Madara, but he couldn't interfere between the two because the secret would be out and both clans would have to pay. This however didn't stop him because Hashirama could feel himself willingly running in the direction of the two.