Undeniable Connection (M)

//Author's POV//

A couple of months after the whole exchange with Hashirama, Madara decided to spend some time with his younger brother at the Senju compound. Sure it was quite a distance from the village, but that's what Madara liked about it. Especially since it meant helping his now close-to-due-date brother do whatever he liked even if it bothered Tobirama.

The Senju was constantly anxious about where Izuna was or if he was feeling any type of discomfort. This in turn has made Izuna a bit spoiled, but as long as Izuna was happy, Tobirama didn't mind. Madara on the other hand did have to suffer the constant whining and mood swings that Izuna had. Even those horrendous food-craving combinations the young Uchiha had.

"Izuna, I don't think that's edible," Madara said in slight disgust before covering his nose and mouth to not puke. Izuna only glared as he popped a pickle with chocolate in his mouth.

"You're just mad that you have no taste in good food," he said with a glint of humor in his voice. Madara simply shook his head at his brother before scooting closer to him on the grass of the compound garden and admiring the many different flowers. Madara was known for liking flowers, so it wasn't surprising to Izuna who observed his brother staring at all the flowers to be distracted, but he could tell his older brother was looking sad.

"Nii-san, what's wrong," Izuna asked with a gentle voice. Madara didn't say anything but instead continued to stare ahead. He was very stubborn and Izuna knew that. So he slowly reached over and brought his brother close to hug him against his chest. Though very stubborn, Madara still had a kind and gentle heart that was aching, and Izuna knew this when he felt his older brother tremble and dampen his shirt with tears. "There there, let it all out," he said in such a soothing voice which compelled the older to do just that.

Through the sobs, Izuna couldn't hear some of the words and sentences his brother was murmuring, but he got the picture just enough to understand what he was implying.

"So do you love him," Izuna questioned.

Madara looked up and wiped his tears from his flushed cheeks.

"That's just it, I- I don't know. I've tried my best to understand this all, but Hashirama makes it so difficult with his idiot self. My thoughts are confusing and I hate myself for not even understanding myself," Madara said in a rambling cry. Though his eyes widened and he lowered his head in shame.

Tobirama stood right there holding two cups of hot beverages, one being hot cocoa which Izuna demanded to have earlier. Izuna turned around a bit flustered by his husband's timing.

"Well, that's not what I was expecting to hear," he said before leaning over to hand Izuna his hot coco which the guy accepted instantly. Madara on the other hand was trying to hide his face from the Senju out of embarrassment. He felt as if Tobirama might judge him for the thoughts and feelings he had, but it was quite the opposite. The Senju simply sat with them before handing Madara his warm tea to calm him down.

"Yeah, I can agree with you saying Hashirama is an idiot."

Madara looked at Tobirama with a sort of amused expression even if he was still slightly crying.

"What happened to 'Uchiha are the worst and idiots' talk," Madara said in an almost mocking tone. Izuna simply giggled at that as Tobirama looked at Madara with exasperation.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help here. Hashirama is a complete idiot, but I'm sure there is some brain still left in there for him to take some understanding of your situation. I know my brother is a pushover and all, and that the village heads are quite harsh when it comes to trusting people, but don't try to run away from those issues without talking to him. I'm sure he'd be glad to talk to you," Tobirama said. This shocked both of them because they only really saw Tobirama's brute nature with anyone besides Izuna. Izuna playfully cleaned his ear and leaned close to Tobirama.