Chapter 21...

Dane's P.O.V

"J-Jake?" I heard Jade stutter. I froze. Is that... the Jake I know? I rushed towards the front door and saw the my one and only big brother.

"Jake?!" I exclaimed and hugged hum tight. He hugged back just as tight and burried his head in my hair.

"I m-missed you" I cried. He sniffled. We pulled away afterwards.

"Dane... You're all grown up" He smiled. I did the same and pulled him in the house.

"Whooooo's thisssss?" Ashton dragged. I chuckled and so did Jake.

"This is Jake... my brother" I said. I swear that I heard Luke sigh in relief behind Jake. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Wait, Luke, what are you doing outside?" I asked. 

"Management called and I was supposed to leave but then your brother knocked on the door and I wanted to know who he was" He laughed awkwardly.

"I gotta go now, byeee!" He continued and I let Jake in. 

"I have so much to tell you so is it okay if we talk about it... now? Like, in another place?" Jake said but whispered the last words. I nodded.

"Hey, guys? I'll be going out somewhere. I'll be back for the concert, tell Luke. Love ya!" I said and grabbed my phone as I slipped my shoes on and headed out with my brother.

*

*

We just walked around in silence and sat down in one of the ice cream stores we used to go to. 

"Let's now ask questions, you first" Jake said.

"Okay. Will you please buy me some ice cream first?" I chuckled. He groaned but bought me a Vanilla flavoured ice cream and a mint one for himself.

"Okay, there. Now it's my turn to ask" Jake said. I nodded and licked my ice cream. 

"What did mom and dad tell you when I left?" He asked. I sighed and I felt tears brim to my eyes as I heard him say 'mom and dad'. I kept the tears in and answered.

 "They told me that you fucking died and that I can't be at your fucking funeral" I said. He just booked my nose and I smiled.

"Where did you go?" I said in a cracked voice. He licked his ice cream and sighed.

"I went to college and was supposed to take medicine as my track, like what our parents said. It was actually a deal. They told me that if I finished studying, finished my internship, turned out to be a doctor and gave them half the money I was earning, then they wouldn't hurt you... but I guess those bastards didn't go with the fucking deal" He explained and tried his best to calm down. It took me a few seconds to process what he just said. All this time I believed that he died and it took me months to recover but then he was across the world, studying and continuing this deal so that our 'parents' would not hurt me. He lived by himself and travelled across the world just so that I would't get hurt.

"you did that for me?" I asked in a cracked voice. He smiled and sat down next to me and hugged me with one arm and the other still holding his almost finished ice cream cone.

"you should only ask one question, technically you're cheating but to answer your question, yes I did. I would do anything for you. You're my little sister" He smiled. I just chuckled.

"You cheesy little shit" I laughed and wiped some of my tears that were threatening to fall.

"My question now is, who's Luke?" He stopped laughing and was now more serious. I rolled my eyes.