Chapter 10

[Mina's POV]

Chaewon took me inside the safe place. I was relieved to get some rest somewhere actually safe, but worried on the other hand about Yeonjun and Taehyun. I rested down in the lobby and I now see what Taehyun was talking about, I kinda do smell bad since we stayed on the move for a bit. I set down Yeonjun's bag on the couch, I went through his journal again and this time we wrote about everything that happened starting from the school.

"Unnie do you want me to show me your room?" Chaewon asked.

"Thanks for the offer Chaewon-ah, but I wanna wait for the others. Plus I'm spent, I'm too tired to even walk right now..." I said.

"Alright well I'll stay here too then." Chaewon then sat next to me. "What are you reading?"

"I'm reading Yeonjun's journal, he's been writing about the infection."

"Oh can I read it?"

"Sure, well I don't know with him but he's not here right now so you can." I handed the journal to Chaewon and she began reading it from the beginning. She read the first few pages but then after she read that fourth page, she all of a sudden became upset.

"He lost his friend? I feel so bad for Yeonjun..."

"I do too, but he's still fighting through that pain of losing loved ones."

"We can give him therapy later. I know someone in here who's good with that."

"Speaking of which what are the other survivors here doing?" I asked.

"They're probably in their rooms, it's pretty late after all..." Chaewon said. "Once Yeonjun comes back, we can introduce you both to them."

"Sounds great!"

[Yeonjun's POV]

Taehyun and I followed our mysterious stalker towards a mall, I couldn't get a good look at them because they were running away, and they were wearing a hoodie to cover their head.

"This is where they ran!" Taehyun said.

"Why would they be hiding in a mall?" I asked.

"Maybe it's a safe area for them."

"What do you mean?"

"If they were infected then they would just try attacking us."

"Oh so whoever we saw is alive!"

"Exactly! But they can't survive like that forever, we gotta bring them back with us and provide shelter for whoever they are." We both walked inside the mall to find it empty and unsettling.

"We're gonna find you! Whoever you are!"

Of the bat, we heard something inside the vents making some loud noise when moving around. Someone or something was inside of it... Whatever was in the vents made me shiver. We both investigated the mall, we walked through the little food court and saw what a mess it was. Food was probably standing out there for weeks probably now rotten, vending machines were knocked over, and the escalator wasn't even moving.

"Jeez... I haven't been here since the infection started. This place looks so ugly now..." Taehyun said.

"Let's just focus on finding the survivor," I said. We both headed up the escalator and walked around before finding a sealed room.

"Looks like that's their hideout. We need a wrench, something to break down the planks, and a key..."

"We still have the wrench from earlier." I used the wrench to fix the generator part.