SEEDS OF DECEIT

Lucious

Jumbled thoughts swarmed around within my skull, as my feet shuffled towards the opposite end of my wife's desk.  I've gotta put some space between us cause she's swingin' for the fences on my ass tonight.

Dabbing my lip, blood drizzled onto my shirt, a direct result of the initial two-piece combo Cooks planted to the side of my face. Labored pants floating through my lips as I steady myself cause DAMN, she still hits like a nigga and she ain't even broke a nail, the little voice in my head yelled as she peered at me with rage dancing within her eyes.

Split lip, back on fire after slamming into her hard ass oak desk, sweat beaded along my forehead as my wife stood with hands draped along her hips.

How the fuck imma get outta this shit? 

I have no idea but I've gotta figure out something and figure the shit out fast before she kills me.

"BITCH YOU AIN'T DEAF, START TALKING! AND DON'T LIE, CUZ I HEARD EVERYTHING YA ASS SAID!" She spat.

"Cooks." I pleaded.

"Nawl! I heard you two from down the hall so I posted up against the wall so neither of you could see me, just to hear what would happen!" She revealed.

Holding my hands up in surrender so she can see them, I cleared my throat. "Baby, look...I did say...well I mean I just." I stammered, cuz my heart his beating a mile a minute and I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts.

"Oh, so what? Now the Cat's got yo tongue nigga?" She spewed. 

A deep breath engulfed my lungs, her stare dead locked with my own, my brain scuffling for a logical explanation. 

"Did, you really plot all that bullshit just to keep me from moving on with another man?" She hissed. "Be HONEST with me Lucious, I thought we'd moved so far past the lies and the games! Now this!"  

Huffing, silence swarmed us, as her arms folded across her chest at my lack of response and her brow raised.

Hell, I don't know what to say at the moment. The way she's looking at me, with such disgust and contempt, has my heart doing cartwheels in the pit of my stomach. 

The force in her tone, making it quite clear that she already knows that I meant every word I said to Malcolm, but she wants to hear me admit it to her face. Smacking her lips, the charm along her Cartier Panthere braclet dangled, as she extended her finger towards me.

"BE A MAN AND TELL ME THE GOT DAMN TRUTH NOW OR I'M GONE!!!" My wife yelled. 

Instantly my eyes narrowed, the muscles in my jaw tensed, and my body stiffened at her proclamation. That's the first time she's ever threatened to leave me since we've been back together, and the shit is making my blood boil.

I don't care what the hell she thinks. She ain't going anywhere, that shit just ain't finna happen, I'd never allow it, the voice in my head screamed.

We both maintained our positions, me behind her desks and her in front of it, I swallowed the lump in my throat and finally spoke. 

"Cooks I love you, baby you know that. I hated the fact that another man had what was supposed to BELONG to me and me alone. But aight, I'll admit that everything back then was my fault, I pushed you towards that lame Hershey Kiss looking ass bitch nigga." I started, slowly inching my way from around her desk while she stands rooted to her spot, shaking her head.

"Bitch please. Miss me with that. Say It!" She demanded. 

"Baby, you've gotta understand that you gettin' out early turned everything in my life upside down." I pleaded.