Chapter 2

AN: I'm trying first person because 'Why not?'

===================

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I climbed into Levi's car and my nostrils were immediately assaulted by an overpowering scent of what can only be described as 'clean'. I stumbled back from the car door, my eyes watering.
"Jesus christ!" I mutter under my breath.

Levi looked over at me from the other side of the car, I was surprised that I could see him from over the top of the car to be honest, he's not exactly a giant. He cocked his head slightly at my rather flamboyant display.

"What seems to be the problem Miss (L/N)?" he asked me, lowering himself into the car.

I slowly did the same, trying to adjust to the smell, as the water faded from my eyes. I fixed my shirt and tried to compose myself.

"I'm fine, sir." I replied casually. I noticed his lips curling slightly.

"Please," he began, "Call me Levi, 'sir' makes me feel old." He said bluntly.

I couldn't help but giggle slightly, I'm not much of a giggler, but his immense straightforwardness was just too funny.
"Right, Levi, your car is very... clean, the smell was rather overpowering at first," I told him. "Obviously cleanliness isn't a bad thing, but I guess I'm just not used to such a strong smell." I quickly added.

He stuck his key into the ignition and revved the engine.
"I enjoy cleaning, I cleaned my car only this morning so they products haven't quite settled yet, but you'll get used to it soon," He reassured me.
I relaxed into the chair to take in the sights. Seeing my route home from a car instead of seeing it on foot was surprisingly different and subsequently interesting. I could see the tall buildings that I can never see under all the tarpaulins of the shops. I gazed up at them, my mouth opening on it's own and forming a subtle smile.

"Wow!" I murmured to myself. 'The city really does have it's own beauty, the bright lights, the moon reflecting off some of the skyscrapers. Obviously, it's no country side with the sound of birds twittering in the morning, instead I am awoken by the sound of car horns and a rainbow of road rages.' I thought.

I was too taken by the view to realise that Levi had missed the turning to my house.
"Oh shit Levi, sorry to be a bother, but you missed the turning, I wasn't paying attention, I apologize..." I murmured, bowing my head slightly. He just clicked his tongue and quick glanced over both shoulders to look for cars of which there were none. He suddenly turned the steering wheel and did a reckless, illegal U-turn. I reflexively grab the arm rests and used my strength to hold myself against the seat.
"LEVI!!" I yelled, slightly flustered by the manoeuvre. "Are you insane?! We could have died!" Levi just smirked and kept his gaze forward.
"Ah, but we didn't!" he said, lifting his index finger triumphantly and continuing down the road.
"If you'd just told me where your turning was, I wouldn't have had to do it!" he informed me, pinning the blame on me. I just sighed quietly and folded my arms over my chest, as Levi guided his car down my worn-out street.

It's a big contrast to the rest of the grand city. The houses are all made of shitty, ruined materials, some are even made by hand, and not cool-DIY-style, nonono! It's slum-style, the kind that gets a roof over your head and that's it. Sometimes that's all people can get, and usually it's all people need. The road is ridden with potholes and unidentifiable roadkill. 'Stocks Hill' it's called, it's not a very friendly neighbourhood either. No one goes over to their neighbours for lunch, or occasionally see their neighbour in their garden and begin a friendly chat. If anyone tried to do anything like that, they'd have their throats slit almost immediately. One of the reasons I didn't want Levi coming down here, is because he might not get out alive or with any of his valuables, especially with a nice, clean car like his. He goes deeper into the poverty ridden street and finally arrives outside my house. Fortunately for myself, I have one of the nicest houses on the street, but that doesn't really count for anything quality wise. I have running water every other day, and electricity from 8pm to 9am everyday - I chose these times since I'm usually not home in between. There are 3 room: my bedroom, the bathroom, and the 'everything-else room'. The 'everything-else room' consists of an oven, a small table and chair, an old-school television and a fridge. These are circumstances I've adjusted to, at least the toilet and shower have their own room right?