Chapter 17

(Y/N)'s PoV

It had been weeks now since Eve had been kidnapped, and it seems as though we haven't gotten a single step closer to finding her. Jean and a few others had been moved to other cases, due to the lack of progress we were making. So now it was just Levi and I again.

"Let's look this over one more time," Levi drearily suggested for at least the fourth time that evening. All I could do was smile and nod. We were both sleep deprived and couldn't really work properly until we had caught up on it.

"Let's just get some sleep," I suggested as a second option and stood up. Levi nodded, knowing it was for the best and we both trudged up to his room.

We'd been sleeping together a lot recently, it didn't mean anything to me, and it was just more convenient that way. We could talk about the case for longer and breakfast was easier and cheaper.

***

"Hmm, not bad (L/N)," Levi hummed as took another bite of the fruity muesli I'd made from scratch.

"It's only muesli Levi, chill," I giggled and sat across from him.

"Maybe, but I've had some really shit muesli in my time, you've got the right fruit to muesli ratio," he complimented. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my muesli.

"Idiot," I teased as I tucked into my meal.

***

*Eve's PoV*

I don't feel like myself at all anymore, I can feel my personality distorting. Part of me doesn't even want (Y/N) to find me, she wouldn't recognise me anymore. Sometimes I see my reflection in the rusty water bowl they give me, I can see the (E/C) fading into a dull, dead grey. My dress has worn down to tattered rags, the bright flowers couldn't be recognised by anyone anymore.

And neither could I.

As I sat in the corner, hugging my knees to try and warm myself up, I heard movement from the other side of my cell.

"Hello?" I called out weakly, whatever it was moved again. The light caught its eyes and I saw a pair of blue eyes, they looked dulled, duller than mine.

"Are you okay?" I used all my strength to crawl over. The body tucked itself into a ball defensively.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," I assured them, my voice filling with colour again, maybe finally interacting with someone was all I needed to help me feel human again.

She looked up - I identified her as a girl - with straight blonde hair that was tangled and unclean.

"Eve?" she asked, her voice was weaker than mine but I could make out a small smile on her pale lips in the dim light.

"Yes, how did you know my name?" I asked her. She just closed her eyes slightly.

"I've been here the whole time, I've only just managed to work up the strength to speak to you..." she admitted, evidently ashamed of herself. Eve smiled fondly and petted her head.

"We'll get out of here together," I hummed and smiled fondly at her. She nodded and her eyes glistened.

"My name's Lucy by the way, Lucy Spencer," She told me and held out her hand to mine which I shook.

"Nice to meet you Lucy, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this anymore," I hummed.

"My sister, (Y/N), she's going to find us, I know she will," I said, trying to fill her with some hope. She just nodded.