WHY SO NERVOUS?

"Dalton hey," she began, trying to catch up to her classmate as he rushed out of class. "I just wanted to say I really am intrigued at what you drew in class," smiled up at him and he took the one earphone out of his ear, attention now fully on her.
"It's amazing how you can so quickly go into your subconscious," she felt weird saying this so quickly to him.
"Uh thank you, I saw yours, what was it about if you didn't mind me asking?" The two were now walking down campus together, "it was something from my childhood, a long story.

What about yours?" she brushed off his question, "I uh, I don't really know what it means." they shrugged it off but Shiloh thought to herself about him, if her feeling of darkness about him was true.
She'd never met someone else who could get so deep with their art, she couldn't tell if the whole subconscious thing was real for not just her.

"I'll see later, Dalton," she turned to face before waving goodbye and headed in the direction she was supposed to be going. Texting Ezi letting her know she's out of class, the two had made plans earlier this morning to go get coffee and study or something.
So her roommate was quick to pull up in her Subaru impreza and drive to the closest starbucks where they would discuss their first day.

"His art is amazing, Ezi! I don't even know how to explain it but the way he was so intense while working in class was something else entirely." Shiloh said before she scoffed at herself, once the words came out of her mouth she wanted to sew it shut.
Ezi chuckled at her friend's behavior, "damn Shi, didn't think you'd get flustered by him so easily," she cooed. "Considering he's probably your competition," she shrugged and continued scrolling through her phone, only to glance up briefly just to see the horrified look on Shilohs face.

"Im not fl-" she began to argue, "you're blushing" Ezi stated while still looking down again. Shiloh rolled her eyes in reaction and sipped her drink, looking through the glass windows and watched the many types of people stroll past.
"He's just, he has this energy around him, Ez and I'm curious." she thought out loud, "curious about him," Ezi laughed to herself while Shiloh joined her sarcastically.
Although it pained her, Shiloh was indeed curious about him and the deep feeling surrounding him. Along with how he is in fact pretty attractive, an art major with nice hands, amazing talent, and arms Shiloh couldn't help but look at.

---

Once Shilohs last class was over she headed back to her dorm where Ezi was already waiting for her, she placed her things on her bed and slumped into the small desk chair.
"How was your first day?" her roommate asked, Shiloh looked over to EZi but the girl was caught up in her book. "It was, it was okay." She kept her response simple and the two went into a brief conversation about their professors, what the students were like, and what classes they genuinely enjoyed.

They went into their own worlds, shiloh putting in her earbuds and spreading out the painting she worked on in Armagan's class.
She sat back with her arms folded and observed her work, slightly confused as to why out of all memories this had to be the one she painted.
The hairs in her arms spread up and she adjusted herself in her seat, she felt drawn to go back and work on the piece of art, almost like she needed the energy to give her all to this painting.

So she pulled out a plastic cup and emptied the rest of the water from her water bottle into it and set up some brushes and her watercolor pallet.
She hit play on her spotify playlist and let herself ease into her own element, using darker and darker colors with every brush stroke, concentrating on every detail in her head about what happened that summer day.

She finished a good segment of the painting and leaned back to observe what she accomplished when she panicked at the feeling of a hand on her shoulder. Looking up to see Ezi she let out a sigh of relief, taking out her earbuds to see what the girl had to say.
"This is...graphic? The girl, is that you?" she asked, slightly regretting saying anything at all. "Oh yeah it's me," she said keeping her voice down, Ezi could tell she wasn't quite ready to give many details about her art so she nodded in her direction.

"Hey Shi, Chris just texted asking if we're going to some frat party?" she looked confused, "uh i'm definitely not." Shiloh laughed but soon realized Ezi was considering the question, "we should totally go! It's a great opportunity to meet new people and get to know some!" She beamed, Shiloh knew Ezi really just wanted to get a chance to get into deep conversation with Chris but she still rolled her eyes and agreed to join her roommate.

They took only ten minutes to quickly change outfits and prepare themselves for this party, they made sure to wear nothing to revealing and to keep tasers in their pockets.
"Ready?" Ezi asked nervously, "Yup." Shiloh said shortly, making sure to keep her chin held high as if she really was wanting to do this.

They stepped onto the walkway leading to the house, a guy wearing a small shirt and a cloth like diaper was holding a tray causing Sholioh to give him a disgusted look. "May I offer you some diaper pudding?" he smiled at Shiloh and the girl looked down at what was on the tray, whatever it was it made her want to gag, it looked like a bowl of feces.
Shiloh quickly declined rudely and grabbed onto Ezi, dragging her away from the stranger. "God that was disgusting," she snarled, "oh come on, he was sort of cute!" she laughed and they continued walking.

People were left and right, drinking from plastic cups, swimming in a blow up pool, laughing and smoking.
Shiloh opened the wood door and was hit with the stench of smoke as it floated through the room, bodies moving around and Shiloh bit her tongue, trying not to make some snarky remark.
"Let's grab a drink and wait for Chris and Dalton!" Ezi yelled through the crowd and grabbed Shilohs hand, already dragging them away from most of the people.

"Wait, Dalton is coming?" Shiloh questioned, she didn't really expect a [party to be his scene. "Well yeah, him and Chris are roomies Shi, of course he's coming." she laughed, Shiloh stayed quiet and grabbed two bottles of Jack Daniels; Pink Lemonade for her and Ezi.
The two waited, making up small talk to pass the time.
Ezi had gotten a text from Chris letting her know they had arrived, shiloh inhaled and closed her eyes, she didn't understand why she was so nervous to face Dalton but it was beginning to piss her off.