OKAY, WHAT THE HELL?

The hall glowed blue and gray with very little light illuminating the area, before stepping away from her room Shiloh looked back at her roommate who remained asleep. However when she looked back at her bed she swore her heart stopped for a brief moment as she looked back at her sleeping figure, or what she presumed to be her.
She quickly stepped out and closed the door softly behind her, when she looked towards the end of the hall and was greeted with no one there, this just made her curiosity grow.

Her pace was slow but steady, Shilohs skin was crawling and she couldn't shake the feeling that whatever weird atmosphere this was, she was, she wasn't alone. She heard the door to the stairs close and she ran towards it, trying to escape the thick fog behind her, then she saw it. Her shadow, some kind of energy was right there in front of her, no face, nothing, just a dark figure not too far behind her.
She felt tears in her eyes as she found herself unable to to move from her position, that was until she blinked and whatever was following her was gone.

She climbed the staircase, making it to the end of another hallway. Shiloh could have sworn she saw Dalton, she wanted to  catch him creeping around, or ask him what the hell was happening.
A few rooms down she finally found what she was looking for, she saw someone not too far away from her standing in front of some dorm room with a light source in hand.
Shiloh watched in horror as the door appeared to open itself; she felt that chilling feeling, instead of fearing what was behind her she stepped forward.
Shiloh approached the room slowly, room 323; "chris?" Shiloh mumbled as she realized that her friend mentioned she'd be staying in her new dorm room tonight.

Standing in front of Chris and her roommate who were asleep, Shiloh was in awe over the blue aroma throughout the room. Then she noticed she was standing directly behind Dalton who was slowly moving further through the room, setting down the lamp that was in his hand. The girl watched him pick up a weird looking keyboard with a white tube at the end of it, he accidently blew into the instrument. Both in shock as Chris shot up from her position in bed, her voice echoed around, "who is it?" she asked sleepily. Shiloh, moving closer to Dalton was just about to place a hand on his shoulder when he began hitting different keys and playing some melody.

"Dalton?" Shiloh placed that hand on his shoulder, keeping her voice stern but quiet. He quickly turned to face her and their eyes widened at each other, that's when the boy panicked slightly once he realized Chris could see at least something weird happening, that keyboard floating. She was quick to flip on the lamp on the bedside table, when Dalton dropped the instrument loudly on the desk.
Grabbing Shilohs arm and pulling them both out of the room and slammed it shut, both hearing Chris faintly cry out.

"What's going on? Why does the hall look like this-" she began to freak out, "just stop!" Dalton quietly shouted at her as he rushed back down the stairs to the floor their dorms were on. "Excuse me? No, you don't get to tell me what to do when you're the only other person seeing whatever the hell this all is!" Shiloh chased after, even more pissed off than she was before, more confused, and quite frankly, scared. The boy just kept running, "we need to leave." he said quietly, looking down at the concerned girl below him. They noticed in unison the red light shining in the area and both looked at one another, with the same scared look on their faces.
Speed walking through the hall, glancing back every two seconds to see if anyone followed them.

Shiloh slipped into her room quickly and shut the door hard, next thing she knew she was back in her body, back in the 'normal' world, she quickly ran down the hall to Dalton because there was no way she was going to bed without answers, she saw him rush into his dorm and Shiloh couldn't help but squint at a faint, dark figure that disappeared the moment Dalton's door closed.
"Hey," shiloh approached him slowly, standing not to far behind him, still sitting in the chair he left in, his head slowly turning to her, his eyes filled with fear.
She was about to say something when someone began knocking on the wood door, Shiloh and Dalton shared a look before he got up and moved towards the door, hesitating before opening it slowly.

It was Chris, bundled up in her comforter, looking mad and holding her little keyboard. "Please don't tell me you're really just a creep." she asked, no tone to hint anything in her voice, "what?" Dalton hesitated, "no." he looked behind him at Shiloh, "then what the hell is going on?" Chris asked, pushing past him and letting herself in.
Shiloh kept her mouth shut, too afraid to admit to what just went down and still denying any of it to herself, so she leaned against the desk, waiting for someone to break the silence. The now ex-roommates sat on Dalton's bed, Chris was clearly annoyed as she waited for the boy to just spit out whatever he had to say.

"Somethings happening to me. Im seeing things, crazy things." he finally said, Shiloh pushed her brows together and her nose slightly scrunched. "You know that kid at the frat house that they talked about, with the incident?" his words stumbling together, the girl that somehow experienced those things with him felt nervous, exposed.
"Uh huh?" Chris, growing more impatient by the second, "i- we saw him. And he was dead." Shilohs gaze shifted over to Chris who looked confused and yet understood what he was trying to say? "It started with an art exercise," Dalton continued but this time Shiloh didn't understand where this was going.

She was next to him, knew what class he was going to share about, what experiences he was going to share. "And she asked us to dig deep into a memory, into our subconscious.
So I did and I drew this door." he explained, Shiloh watched his body language change, how she knew he was growing uncomfortable.
She felt herself wanting to know more, it was confirmed that she and the boy were going through similar things, things that shiloh wasn't willing to open up about, not yet at least. "You really need to lay off the frat juice." Chris responded bluntly, "I'm serious." Dalton argued.

"He's telling the truth," Shiloh finally joined the conversation, "I was with him at the party." she said, "okay well you both need to lay off of whatever you're taking!" Chris was weirded out by them both, hugging onto her blanket tighter. "Tonight, I was painting and I fell asleep. And when I woke up, this lantern appeared." he stuttered, "i-it was like a dream, but it wasn't a dream. And then I uh- I walked into your room. That's when I realized Shiloh was behind me, the entire time while only she could see what I saw." he said, releasing a sigh and taking in a long awaited breath.
Chris' gaze landed on Shiloh before the boy in front of her began talking once more, "I know how this sounds." Dalton looked back down and began to fidget with the hem of his jeans.
"It sounds like we're both crazy." Shiloh stated the obvious, "look i'm still confused on how the hell we were both in a dream together? Shit, I don't even know if it was a dream but I haven't been through something like that in a long, long time." she breathed out, her heart racing and her heartbeat thumping loudly in her ears.
Dalton gave her a confused look, something maybe even mixed with anger.

"Hold on, you've been through something like this?" he asked demandingly, interrupted with Chris standing up and walking next to Shiloh to look down at the drawing.
That red door haunting all three of them, Chris stayed quiet, looking at the others in front of her. She was listening to what they had to say, she sat in the chair Shiloh found Dalton in only minutes before.
"I feel like I'm getting closer to something. Or something getting closer to me." He seemed scared, still messing with whatever was in his reach as both girls looked down, staring deep into the drawing, neither being able to pick up on what he was going through.
Shiloh turned back to look at the boy, looking deep enough that she might be able to sense something, even though all answers she was looking for were looking right at her.

"You got an extra pillow?" Chris, breaking the silence, asked. Dalton looked up at the girl standing infront of him, before nodding slowly at Chris. "Look, I'm just gonna go. I'm too tired for this, I'll see you both tomorrow, yeah?" Shiloh said softly, heading to the door. Dalton sat up and quickly moved to her, grabbing her wrist before she could leave. "We need to talk tomorrow.'' His eyes looked darker than before, Shiloh simply nodded, slightly scared for what's to come.
She looked back at Chris, then the drawing, that damn red door calling her name.