ALL YOURS

‼️Trigger Warning: mature content‼️

"Wow, two calls in one week." Foster answered on the other line, "come on, man." Dalton replied anxiously. "Haven't you made any friends yet?" Dalton took a deep breath, not in the mood for his brother's jokes. "Tell me everything you remember about my coma." Foster stayed silent for a moment, leaving his brother nervous. "You should talk to mom." God, he just wanted answers. "I think these... things I'm drawing, they..."
"The door?" Foster interrupted, "and now a guy with a hammer." Dalton paced back and forth in a small circle in the restroom. "A hammer?" the boy on the other line asked nervously, "I think they could be clues from my past, thoughts that have disappeared 'cause of my coma. I don't know why they're coming out now-" he ranted, his words moving faster and faster. "Wait. Dalton'' there was a pause between the two, "what is it?" Dalton asked, not sure if he truly wanted to know.

"I've had this image in my mind for years. Mom always says it's not real. It's just a bad dream. But..." Foster began, feeling nervous about telling just this small amount of truth to his brother, whom he was concerned about. "Tell me, little brother. Come on." Dalton breathed into the mic, "okay, we're in a room somewhere. Like a basement." dalton stopped pacing. "You remember that?" it him, the memories once forgotten, he and his brother were so small, so afraid.
"Dalton, you there?" his little brother asked, "I need to go." Dalton replied before hanging up quickly.

He ran to Shiloh, Dalton wasn't thinking straight, or so he thought. Yet he was completely sane, remembering everything from that night, specifically the fear, the look on his mothers face.
He flew the door open causing Shiloh to sit up in panic, slightly relieved to see Dalton but that didn't last as she noticed how disturbed he looked. "Hey what's wrong?" her soft voice sang to him, snapping him out of his thoughts. "I... I think I need to go, I need to finish the painting." Dalton's breathing wa sunsteady, he was shaken up. "Dalton, I think you need to sit down. Just breathe for a second." Shiloh was growing eager to know what had happened.

"I don't know what to do," he pleaded, she looked at him with remorse and grabbed onto his hand. "You need to go back to your dorm and get some sleep, please. A lot has happened tonight. Out of all of us you deserve some good sleep." Shiloh said, her voice raspy. She didn't want Dalton to leave her, she didn't feel safe in this hospital but she put her feelings aside and put him first.
The boy didn't say anything but nodded slowly and collected himself before leaning down to kiss the top of Shilohs head, "you're safe." he said. Almost like he read her mind, but she watched him go, listening to the door quietly close before his footsteps left in a hurry.

Shiloh closed her eyes and fell asleep to the sound of faint voices on the tv and cars driving through the streets of california, completely unaware of Dalton's fallout.
He had run back to his dorm room, immediately going to his desk to add, at last, another detail to his painting. Many colors spread out on the thin piece of wood, aggressively dipping his brush until what remained was a  red door and his father with a weapon in hand, Dalton's mind felt like it was on fire. Memories flooding his vision and his thoughts, tears falling until the painting was done. He stared in pure anger, he felt betrayed and alone.

3 days later...

Shiloh was out of the hospital and walking with a limp, notifying her teachers as to why she'd be a little late. Dalton rushed in and out of every class, avoiding Chris on the way. On the fourth day his sadness and fatigue seemed to be over once he saw Shiloh enter Professor Armagan's class. She stayed silent, smiling at him every so often. The girl had gone mute, saying nearly nothing to her roommate nor her friends.
At around five o'clock Shiloh began the walk to her dorm, enjoying the cold september breeze hit her rosy cheeks, not worrying about the sun that would soon be going down. Slightly dragging her boots against the pavement, crushing and moving the fallen leaves. "Shiloh?" a voice called from behind her, startling her. She quickly turned her body around, seeing Dalton standing there with a melancholy look on his face. "Hi," she softly said, looking up at him, stepping closer to him. Before she could say something else, he cupped her face in his hands and brought her warm lips to his. Causing them both to inhale sharply, she was taken back by his actions at first but quickly melted into the kiss.
Bringing her arms to wrapped around his neck, one hand moving to the back of her neck while Dalton kept one on her cheek. Gripping her neck so her head would tilt up, depending his access to her.