MONSTERS UNDER THE BED

Shiloh was leaning against a wall with Ezi by her side as people around them cheered someone on to chug what both girls thought was probably alcohol, not too far from the front door.
So both looked at the door when it opened and Ezi immediately smiled when she saw Chris and Shiloh straightened her posture as she watched Dalton enter behind his roommate, they watched them look around at the room.
Walking only so far until Chris finally noticed the girls waiting and ran up to embrace Ezi in a hug, Dalton gave Shiloh a tight lipped smile which the girl nodded in return.

"Let's grab a drink?" Chris turned and smiled at the group, she and Ezi ran ahead through the crowd, Shiloh and Dalton staying a little behind as they walked slowly. Chris grabbed a plastic cup and observed the choices of alcohol but decided to take a scoop of whatever was in the big bowl that Shiloh had avoided from earlier.
"What's rat juice?" Dalton asked loudly through the music, "don't ask." Chris replied without a care. Shiloh laughed at their behavior before Dalton smiled at her and rolled his eyes. She was about to make a sarcastic remark when she was interrupted. "Hey hey, everyone! My name's Nick!" he yelled from the staircase,
"Nick the dick! Nick the dick!" The crowd which mostly consisted of frat boys cheered.

"Welcome to the kappa house, welcome back to school, baby!" he was smiling as he squeaked some kind of toy around his neck, Shiloh rolled her eyes in annoyance; she hated boys like this, ones with way too big of egos that flaunt it way too proudly. But 'Nick' still received a few cheers from his friends, "I'm just here to remind you fine folks that frats, their under attack. Right? And we must protect our right to party and be awesome! White, black, brown, or blue, you're all welcome here, provided that you recognize and respect that the frat house is the last house, where men can still be men!" he yelled over the silent crowd, Ezi and Chris held eye contact while trying to contain their laughter, Shiloh flashing a small smile at Dalton as they both found the whole thing humorous.

"Woo!" one person cheered and held up their fist, "tha-thank you! Now, we got a lot of drinking to do tonight but pace yourselves, we do not need another incident." Nick the dick warned, others making 'rest in peace' comments.
At this point Shiloh just felt bored, waiting for the awkward quietness to end and the party to start back up.

Almost as if he read her mind Dalton looked down at Chris, "party's lame" he stated, "confirmed" Chris replied and Ezi and Shiloh looked at each with their brows pushed together and a curious look on their faces.

"So let's go upstairs and look through everyones shit," she smiled, looking over her shoulder at Dalton who looked clueless but was quickly to follow after Chris who was already on the move.
Ezi looked at her roommate with a slight pout on her face, Shiloh shook her head 'no'  but didn't get a chance to really object due to Ezi grabbing her wrist and following the others.

The music started back up and was even louder than before, Chris was in front, practically running up the stairs. Turning away from any group of people and walking through the hallway until she found a room that was unlocked. Dalton looked back at Shiloh and Ezi, "we should make this quick." He was nervous, and for the right reason but Shiloh was actually having fun, "dude, calm down" she laughed. "Isn't it fun invading douchebags like Nick the dick's privacy?" she smiled sarcastically at Dalton who scoffed at her comment, causing laughs from the two girls beside them.

They strolled down into an unlocked door, "permission to proceed, granted." Chris spoke quietly, giving her roommate a wide smile before quickly swaying into the room. "Wait," Dalton tried to object but Ezi pushed past him holding her roommate's hand.
Before Shiloh could enter she grabbed the door frame and looked back at Dalton who was contemplating his decisions with an irritated look on his face, her gaze softened and her head slightly tilted. "Come on." she smiled at him before moving to the side so he could enter, quickly closing the door.