Reason two ; I

YOU LOOKED THROUGH YOUR LASHES, immediately gasping for air as a figure loomed above you.

"Ah!"

"And she awakes!" Hange cheered.

"Morning!" An unfamiliar voice chirped from the other side of the room.

"Hange, what the hell?" You snapped, rubbing your eyes as you sunk back into your pillows in bed, "What the hell are you doing on top of me?"

"I had to try and shake you awake.." They giggled innocently to themself before crawling off of you and off of your bed; they dusted off their trousers, "You need to get ready."

"For what?"

Hange groaned under their breath as you rolled tiredly onto your side, your body melting into the warmth of the blankets, "I told you last night! There's an expedition, we're setting off at eight o'clock sharp this morning."

"A herd of abnormal titans have been allegedly spotted in the depths of the tall forest beyond the walls." The unfamiliar voice chirped in once more as you rolled back over to see who it was, "I wanted to investigate."

You curiously leaned up as his blue eyes warmly stared at you. He tilted his head to the side as his blond hair fell above his brows, his warm smile practically shining in the golden-air of the morning.

"Who is this?" You yawned.

The stranger awkwardly waved as Hange placed either hand on his shoulders, "Y/N, this is Armin Arlert! He's been helping me so much over the past few years with my work."

He rubbed his hand against the back of his neck, "It's so nice to finally meet you, Y/N." Armin smiled, "I've heard so many things about you.. through Hange, through Erwin, through Levi."

"Hi." You cleared your throat, "Sorry, I'm not great at first impressions. Especially.. when I've just been woken up!" Your shot Hange a glare as they awkwardly smiled, "But it's nice to meet you, too, Armin."

"The pleasure really is mine." His smile shon brighter.

Hange sat on the edge of your bed, crossing their legs as Armin pulled up a chair beside you.

You yawned into your hand as Hange and Armin both explained the plan together; only a hand full of Scouts had been chosen for the mission, thirty at most. You were to penetrate the Forrest and investigate the sightings before reporting back to Hange.

"It's a simple plan, really." Hange carried on, "I thought that you should begin with a more easy-going expedition to ease you back into a proper Scout routine."

"Hange won't be on the expedition," Armin softly spoke as you began to pull yourself out of bed, "But I will, and it'll give me chance to get to know you. I've been dying to hear your stories."

"My stories?"

He nodded, "Your stories! I've heard great things of your work: your traps especially."

Hange placed their hands on either of Armin's shoulders as if signalling for him to stop; they smiled softly, "Well, we'll give you a chance to get ready. Be ready in thirty?"