Reason three ; II

WEEKS PASSED YOU IN SECONDS, and you'd had no further contact with Levi. In fact, you could feel his eyes purposefully avoiding yours whenever you passed him in a corridor or sat near him during a meeting. 

But you decided to look on the bright side of life: you would be attending your first ever, and possibly only, ball.

Your e/c eyes stared into the reflection of your mirror, your fingers tracing down the satin fabric of your dark, crimson dress.

The sky was a deep black with highlights from the stars glaring against the windows of your bedroom. You sighed with anxiety, unable to shake off your nervousness for the awaiting night.

You heard as your bedroom door opened.

You slipped the light sleeves of your dress over your arms, feeling the material drag behind you whenever you walked. Your corset was tightened around your waist, clearly outlining your figure.

You heard a pair of footsteps enter as a silhouette appeared behind you: Hange's amber eye widened, their lips parting as their pupils dropped to your heels, slowly steering up each inch of your body.

They ran their fingers through their auburn locks, forcing a confident smile as their body melted at the sight of you in that dress.

"I-.." They muttered as you jumped.

"Hange!" You exclaimed, sighing with relief that it was just them, "I.. didn't realise you'd came in."

"I-.."

They struggled to find words as you realised a light pink hue had taken over their cheeks and the tips of their ears.

"You-.."

"Yes.. Hange?" You teased, turning back around as you watched their face in the mirror infront of you.

"You look.." They nudged their glasses up their hooked nose with their knuckle, "I can't believe how.. gorgeous you look.. Y/N." Hange's figure loomed beside you as they adjusted your necklace.

Hange's hair was in its usual style, with half pinned back and strands of auburn hair falling loosely over their brows and outlining their sharp jawline. They had a natural glow against their skin and a hue of blush on their cheekbones. Their golden eyes glistened with rays of joy as their smile widened to their cheeks.

They wore a sophisticated suit, with a tight, fitted shirt hugging at their chest and the muscles on their shoulders and back. They wore a dark, night-sky jacket that was hanging over their shoulders.

"How are you feeling tonight?" Their voice softened.

You scoffed, "How can one feel anything but agony when wearing a corset so tight?"

"Historia had this picked out especially for you: she said didn't want her guest of honour looking anything other than perfect." They shook their head dismissively with a faint smirk against their lips, "The ball's tonight, what are you feeling?"

You turned your head back to your closest friend, "Scared. Nervous. Excited. Scared."

"You said scared twice."