Extra Chapter!

A/N, this chapter
will make a lot
more sense of
you've seen the Levi
OVA as it takes
place directly after

TEN
YEARS
AGO

"So," Erwin Smith began with a tinge of a smile against his lips as he walked beside you down the hallway of the Survey Corps barracks, "Are you thinking of accepting the position for Lord Wald?"

"And leaving the Scouts?" You responded with a scoff, judging him in the arm, "I doubt it."

"It's good money, Y/N."

"But it's so far away," A frown cursed your lips, "And who knows how long it would be before I would get to see all of you again?"

Erwin shook his head, wafting his hand dismissively, "I still think you're saying no too soon, this could be an excellent opportunity for you." Erwin leant his shoulder against the doorway of his office, "Just think about it, alright? You've got a couple of weeks to make a decision, anyway."

"Fine." Your E/C Eyes rolled back into your head as Erwin softly smiled at your lack of enthusiasm, "You're too insistent on your own good."

"I only want what's best for you, you know."

With a smile he opened his arms, extending them as you felt them wrap around your shoulders. Erwin pulled you into a tight embrace as if it would be your last, resting his chin on your head as you buried your cheek into his chest. You ran your arms around his waist to reciprocate his hug, enjoying the warmth his body radiated as he smiled softly.

It lasted for a few more seconds before releasing you from his embrace.

"You should get to bed, it's already past curfew." Erwin nodded calmly, opening the door to his office, "Good night, Y/N."

"Good night, Erwin." You responded, "I'll see you in the morning."

You turned your shoulder with a yawn, beginning to make your way to the girls dormitory after a long day of work.

The midnight sky was clear with a flawless ebony background that highlighted the florescent stars. The full moon cascaded shadows of pure-silver onto the creaking-floorboards of the Survey Corps barracks as you heard a whine with each step.

You walked up the narrow staircase to the top floor of the building, before halting as you heard a wince from nearby.

Immediately alarmed, you slowed your pace down, trying to work out which direction the noise was coming from.

You were able to hear a hoarse, heavy breathing coming from a few rooms down, followed by another whimperof pain as you drew nearer. After realising it was coming from the men's bathroom, you curiously knocked on the door: you called out to ask if you were allowed in, but was only met with silence.

Although, with your concern only increasing, after hearing yet another whine of pain you let yourself in.

"Are you okay?" You asked with exasperation in your voice.

Your eyes stared forward, instantly being met with the eyes of a stranger.

The strangers silver eyes widened as he saw you, before his brows furrowed into a frown; he had his long fingers entwined with his shirt, pulling it downwards as if hiding something on his torso.