Reason Ten ; III

a/n,
The original
'10 reasons' has
just reached 100k !!
Woohoo!

YOU GASPED, feeling a sudden surge of immense pressure as both of them looked straight at you.

"I-.. what?" You stepped back, defensively raising your hands to separate yourself from the situation, "That's-.. this is-"

Hange nodded in agreement with Levi, turning their face towards you with a guilty expression: "It's.. the only choice we have."

Levi swallowed as his neck lowered, his pride chipping away with each word that left his mouth, "You need to choose between us. Who do you want to be with?"

You shook your head, "I can't choose!" You practically snapped with hatred towards the situation you were in, "Not between the two of you."

"Please, Y/N.." Hange stepped closer as Levi's senses heightened, his glare from earlier returning as they placed their hand against your shoulder comfortingly: "I know it's not fair, and I know one of our hearts will break, but please, Y/N."

Your brows furrowed together with increasing anxiety, "You both mean so much to me.. I don't want to risk losing either of you! I can't! Not after I've lost everyone else."

"You need to." Hange repeated themself with a soft, solemn expression: "It's the only way to move forward from this situation."

Levi scoffed, murmuring under his breath: "A situation you created, Hange.."

"And a situation I'm ending, too." They scrunched their nose with a look of defeat in return, "I promise.. Y/N. Nothing will change depending on who you choose." They attempted to comfort, but the genuine look of worry on their face only made you feel worse, "You won't lose one of us.. we'll both still care about you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"No," They sadly sighed, releasing your shoulder from their touch, "It's just something I want you to know." Hange began to step back, awaiting for a few moments as your eyes darted between them both, "We'll give you some time to think." They dusted off their jacket with a sigh, hesitant to leave the situation: "Levi, you're coming, right?"

Levi shook his head, "Give me a minute."

Hange brushed their hand back against your shoulder as they left, their thumb caressing up and down on your shoulder blade before they buried their hands in their pockets and hesitantly left the office. They contemplated for a few moments as they opened the door, knowing for sure that it wasn't a good idea to leave you two alone, but deciding to respect Levi's obvious wishes and give you both some privacy to speak.

Despite this, it still took Levi over a minute to muster up the courage to speak.

The silence was agonising - it felt like a stab wound to the chest as his eyes penetrated daggers into the wooden ground. Your lungs were constricted of oxygen: they felt as though they were being squeezed tightly to stop your breathing.

"Levi, I-"

"Don't.. say anything." He responded, still not meeting his eyes with yours as he coldly frowned towards you: "I need to think for a moment."