Reason two ; II

ANXIETY FUELED YOU. You wondered how many Scouts it had killed in just the past hour you had been there.

You instinctively wrapped your fingers around the clutches of your blades, readying yourself to pounce. Although, for some reason, it's face twisted to the opposite direction: it's fists closed menacingly as it lowered its posture. You watched it suddenly charge away from you for no apparent reason as you began to follow after it on your steed.

"Faster, girl!" You commanded.

The titan was fast. It's speed was unmatched by your horse.

It was obviously chasing after something, but you weren't sure what: abnormals had always sent a shiver down your spine. Abnormal titans would focus on a specific target that they would relentlessly follow until the target had been killed - you were glad it at least wasn't you.

You pushed your body up from your saddle as your hands firmed around your ODM gear, before releasing yourself as you soared through the air.

Your blades immediately sliced through the nape as you pushed them deep into the back of its neck. It screamed in agony as you pulled them out, before swinging your body over to a nearby branch.

Dust fell from the ground as it collapsed. It's body soon disintegrated into nothing but smoke as you caught your breath. You fought to fill your lungs with air as your eyes gazed in horror at the titan you had just killed.

"What a monster.." You panted to yourself, "I'm lucky it was distracted. Otherwise, it would've killed me in an instant!"

You pressed your hand to your forehead.

"I wonder what it was so distracted by, anyway."

The steam from the titan was thick: it covered the floor completely. You couldn't even see the grass floor through the aftermath as you readied yourself to soar back down to the Earth.

The disgusting taste filled your mouth once more as the steam grew thinner and thinner.

You wiped the sweat off your brow as your feet planted firmly on the ground.

Your eyes searched the area, now able to see a vague silhouette in the distance. The figures back was turned, attempting to unhook their gear that had been wedged in the dent of a tree.

"Hey!" You called out instinctively, beginning to jog forward.

You watched the silhouette immediately straighten, a head turned to see you.

"Are you okay?" You stopped jogging as more mist cleared: you could now see two ebony boots just fifteen meters away from you, stuck like a statue on the ground, "That titan almost killed you! It was lucky-.."

More mist cleared.

Your heart began to quicken, "It was lucky I-.." you hesitated, realising you were mumbling and stumbling over your words as the air suddenly became as clear as ever, "It was lucky I.. made it in time.."

You ahead through your lashes, your eyes locked on a black-haired man stood infront of you. Your e/c eyes widened with a strange shock, your body tensing as your lips parted.