Our Hero

"Green or purple?" Carlos held a forest green and dark purple shirt, Noah examined and shook his disapproving. Carlos was a prince, yet anything but a well-fashioned prince.

"Noah, let him pick a damn outfit." Ben checked an electric clock, they've been spending an hour helping the giant pick new clothing. Carlos had bad taste, Ben was bored and Noah was desperate to make their tall friend look amazing.

"What's wrong with the shirts?" Carlos added them to a large rejected clothes pile.

"Green's super ugly and purple's too scandalous." Noah inspected some tight jeans and light blue sandals.

"Scandalous? Been watching The Bachelor again?" Noah knew Ben hated reality television. He twirled delicately, with perfect footwork and hip sways.

"Me watching silly shows? Hah!" Noah did a Dance Mom impersonation. He hasn't binged Strange Addictions, Supper-nanny, or Kardashians till five am and collected multiple gossip magazines and hid them under his bed.

"Right," Ben's eyes rolled back. "Try keeping the tv volume lower, some of us love sleeping without hearing a woman share why she loves eating live snails."

Damn, those stupid speakers! Oh shit, has Ben figured out I—

"And please quit crying when watching the freaking Animal Planet."

"But lions ate a baby Zebra!"

"Wish I was the Zebra."

"What?"

"What?"

"If shopping is so dreadful, go buy us milkshakes." Noah's wrist and his fingers snapped.

"Right away, Mr. Hudson." Ben bowed, jumped forward grabbed Noah, and shoved his little brother's nose near his armpit.

"BEN HUDSON!" Noah's light sucker punched Ben's stomach. "Ugh! Nasty!"

"Owwwwww...." Ben faked a howl. "Owww-owww, those pencil arms pack a punch!"

"Shut up. Go somewhere else! Carlos and I are clothes shopping!"

"Carlos, what flavored milkshake do you want?" Ben needed an excuse to ditch.

"What's your favorite flavor?"

"Cookies and Cream."

"I'll take Cookies and Cream as well."

"Wanna come?"

Carlos without thinking twice and tossed the clothes over Noah's head. The two men walked outside, completely leaving him behind.

What the hell? Twenty minutes go Ben was Mr. Nice and next to Mr. See Ya Later Dork and Carlos went along! Did Ben forget I saved Carlos? I convinced him we should help Carlos! I have been a fairy tale lover! Screw Ben if he thinks he can steal the guy who's a fairy tale expert!

"Wait!" Noah tossed off the large ugly shorts. "Carlos, there's still a crap ton of outfits to look through!"

Carlos and Ben completely ignored him! Ugh! He followed them, speaking nonstop, words not hitting their ears. What the hell?!