Chapter 16 "The talk"

Wally had just finished a new doodle of the shadow Wally, he thought he should call it that, and took a deep breath, looking in Homes direction. He gasped when he saw their gaze was staring in his direction. He didn't move, or run, not like he could if he wanted to.. He just stared back at them. They stared bullets through him and finally he swallowed the lump in his throat and stood up.

"We'll figure this out.. I'll figure out what monster took my friend away from me.." Wally muttered quietly to himself before turning away. A loud slam filled the neighborhood from Home opening and then slamming the door shut. Wally covered his ears and flinched, he didn't exactly like loud noises, and we went inside. He was immediately met by people scrambling out of the back room.

"WALLY!" Julie said frantically "WE HEARD A CRASH ARE YOU OKAY!?" She ran over and immediately started inspecting him.

"Jules calm down, I'm fine." Wally said immediately, grabbing her hand to reassure her, and slipping his notepad into his pocket.

Julie took a deep breath and sighed "Sorry.." she muttered.

"For what? Worrying? You don't need to apologize for that it's fine." He said with a smile.

"Then what was it?" Frank asked, standing beside Eddie.

"Home." Wally said bluntly. The response was silence.. from everyone..

"Don't worry I didn't go near them, the just saw me." He said, realizing how Confused and worried they must be. This time a few people sighed. "It seems to be getting more violent.. and that goo is spreading.." He mumbled.

"How close is it to the bodega?.." Poppy asked.

"Not close at all.. Yet.." he sighed.

"Thats good.. Right?" Sally asked.

"For now, yes, it's very good." He said reassuring her with a nod.

There was an awkward silence before Howdy spoke up "Wally?" He said.

Wally looked up at the caterpillar who was towering over him "Yeah?"

"Can we talk?" He asked quietly.

Wally looked confused but nodded. After that Howdy led him to to back room, leaving everyone else in the main part of the store. Wally had to back to Howdy and was shutting the door.

"So what is it that you ne-"

"What is this?" Howdy interrupted.

"What is what?-" He turned his back to the door and faced Howdy, who was holding a small piece of paper. He froze.. Was that..?

"Answer me. What is this." Howdy showed him the paper and it was one of Wallys doodles of shadow Wally.

"I uh.." Wally tried to think of an excuse.

Howdy grabbed his face, his large hand squeezing both of his cheeks, not hard or aggressive, but intimidating. He tilted Wallys head up to look at him.

"Don't lie to me or make up some dumbass excuse. Tell me." He said sternly.

Wally sighed, "Fine I'll tell you."

"Wally I said do- Wait what?" Howdy said confused.

"I'll tell you." Wally repeated.

"You will?" he said baffled he would actually tell him the truth.

"You wanted to know did you?" He asked.

"Well.. Yeah?" Howdy said quietly.

Wally sighed again, "Then I'll tell you."

Howdy stared at him shocked but let him talk.